Kids & cell phones

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How old were your kids?
Why?

12, is my magic cell phone age
We don’t have a landline and I’m not always home.

Getting a text when they get home, especially if I’m in class. Or a call if they want to leave somewhere early.

My daughter turns 12 next week & Her phone came on the mail yesterday.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

ODS got his first phone at 9. It was a very basic phone with only calling and text. I got it after the school "lost" him on the first day of school.
They didn't really lose him. He was safely at school the whole time but they thought he was a car rider and I thought he was on the bus.
Now he has an older smart phone and I have Qustodio on it to track him and his online activity.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My oldest got one at 12 and my youngest got one at 8.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:07 am ODS got his first phone at 9. It was a very basic phone with only calling and text. I got it after the school "lost" him on the first day of school.
They didn't really lose him. He was safely at school the whole time but they thought he was a car rider and I thought he was on the bus.
Now he has an older smart phone and I have Qustodio on it to track him and his online activity.
I should probably track my son’s online activity more. :(
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter just turned 15 and she doesn’t have a cell phone. I have an old iPhone I’ll probably give to her in the near future.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine are 13 ( 14 in a few months) and 11.. no phones. They have ipods that work when connected to WIFI for texting and that works. We are *thinking* about when to get our 13 year old a phone since she is staying at the Dojo more and more without me, but it will probably be next year when she turns 15..
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My oldest got one as she turned 12 when she entered a new school and became a walking student. My youngest will be getting one when she turns 12 (if she makes it LOL).

With us it was a safety issue. With my child, well she just wanted one like they all do!
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Both my girls got phones when they turned 12.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My son will get one when he can pay for it.

We have a cheap minutes-only cell phone for the house if we leave him home alone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

DD got my old iPhone at 5.
Locked Previous topicNext topic