1st day of school and one of my kids gave me a heart attack

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:58 am
Bubbs wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:23 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am

Yup. My High schooler is my only kid who has a phone and he never uses it. I think I called him on it once when he was at a friend's house and I was picking him up at night. I couldn't see the house numbers so wasn't sure which house it was so I called him and told him to come out. If he didn't have the phone I could've figured it out.
I don't get people making a big deal about phones, especially whether their kids have them or whether their kids answer them.
The phones are convenient, and very helpful. We don’t have a landline, texting to check in, especially when I’m not able to take calls, gives me peace of mind.
I think they can be more important depending on your lifestyle. And not answering makes me worry.
I can understand that, we have a landline and they are never without an adult when out somewhere so I don't have that need for peace of mind like you may.
Yeah, I understand that. My kids fortunately or unfortunately aren’t always with an adult, especially the oldest. (He’ll be 14) my daughter probably needs it less, but there are times that I have to leave before ds will get home.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:54 am
Bubbs wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:23 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:35 am

Yup. My High schooler is my only kid who has a phone and he never uses it. I think I called him on it once when he was at a friend's house and I was picking him up at night. I couldn't see the house numbers so wasn't sure which house it was so I called him and told him to come out. If he didn't have the phone I could've figured it out.
I don't get people making a big deal about phones, especially whether their kids have them or whether their kids answer them.
The phones are convenient, and very helpful. We don’t have a landline, texting to check in, especially when I’m not able to take calls, gives me peace of mind.
I think they can be more important depending on your lifestyle. And not answering makes me worry.
We've never been without a landline and I think that can make a difference. And DH works from home all day so he's right there at the landline. At school they can just use the office phone in an emergency or ask to use a friend's phone if something came up. I think it's nice if they have their own phone but certainly not needed.
I’m horrible about not wanting to answer unrecognized numbers. So I always know it’s them & then I can answer.
I know my mom did it with us without cell phones & we were fine.
But anything to keep my anxiety about leaving them home at a manageable level is worth the cost.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic