1st day of school and one of my kids gave me a heart attack

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh my goodness. I would have had a heart attack too!

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Smooth sailing here, the kids can walk to school together this year.
It will be a little nerve racking on the way home, because my son has football so dd will walk with the crowd of kids but without her brother.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. My kids don’t take the bus. I will drop them at before care at school, head to school myself and then my husband will pick them up after.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine walk down the hall or to the desks in their room. LOL
I'd probably have a mini heart attack in that situation too OP. I'm glad he finally texted you.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
thunderkiss65
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No first day heart attacks here so far. But it wasn't as smooth sailing as I had hoped. It was raining this morning and there was a minor accident where a small car got stuck in a ditch in front of us. They were fine. This ended up making us 10 minutes late dropping my 4th grader off at her first day of 4th grade. Which ultimately made my son late for his first day of high school. I hardly had time to get pictures.
.........Boo!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's nothing. I've had the last few shootings on my mind and today the school called. It was just to schedule a meeting, but I hate when they call during the day.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well that doesn't seem heart attack worthy to me but then a) I know my son's cell phone gets crappy reception because it used to be mine and b) my son rides his bike to and from school every day and I don't make him text or call me to say he got there fine. If he doesn't show up at school I'll find out from the school. I don't need to live daily paranoid until I hear from him.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am They didn't start yet however my anxiety is building up because my 3rd grader is officially too old to ride the bus so he will be walking. Right now we are trying to get a plan together with other parents.
Why can't 3rd graders ride the bus? How far away is it?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:04 am Yup. School hasn't even officially started yet and my big kid gave me a heart attack.
I told him to text me when he gets on the bus. It was dark and he was the only kid at the stop so I was a bit paranoid. Called him 3 times before he finally texted me to tell me he's on the bus.

Anybody else had a heart attack on the first day?
I'm so glad our schools never started when it's still dark out. That must be tough for the high schoolers. They are the ones who have the hardest time getting up for school and if it's still dark it's even harder.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

We're going to be trucking the kid's furniture and crap to school this Saturday. So much fun.
Locked Previous topicNext topic