Embarrassed

Anonymous 9

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:49 pm
agander2017 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:55 am

I personally don't think it would. No, my child would be losing things he liked, because he needs to learn a lesson. Why would I want to impress you? I don't even know you.

You are lacking common sense if you think that's a suitable punishment for a three year old.
You punish your children how you see fit, and I'll punish mine the way I see fit. It's not a lack of common sense. It's how I feel the situation would be best handled. He doesn't get spanked. He doesn't get yelled at. He would lose toys and a few hours of TV. There is nothing wrong with that.
You need parenting classes
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:55 am

I personally don't think it would. No, my child would be losing things he liked, because he needs to learn a lesson. Why would I want to impress you? I don't even know you.

You are lacking common sense if you think that's a suitable punishment for a three year old.
You punish your children how you see fit, and I'll punish mine the way I see fit. It's not a lack of common sense. It's how I feel the situation would be best handled. He doesn't get spanked. He doesn't get yelled at. He would lose toys and a few hours of TV. There is nothing wrong with that.
I think you said it right here, in my opinion of course. You mentioned that he would lose toys and TV for a few hours. I replied to your post yesterday morning and said that him not having TV for a month from your original post was probably a vent. If that had been your child, when you eventually got him home, I am sure you would have gone back to what worked in the past; toys and TV gone for a few hours or maybe the day. There are times I told both my children that they would be grounded for life if they did something. Of course that would never be the case, even if it was a more serious grounding.

Punish how you see fit. I think we all do.

I don't think you need parenting classes more than anyone of us here do. The only perfect parents are those that pretend to be and sanctimoms of course. I am certainly very far from a perfect parent. I even question my ability to be good mom some days. That is normal.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:32 am

I think you said it right here, in my opinion of course. You mentioned that he would lose toys and TV for a few hours. I replied to your post yesterday morning and said that him not having TV for a month from your original post was probably a vent. If that had been your child, when you eventually got him home, I am sure you would have gone back to what worked in the past; toys and TV gone for a few hours or maybe the day. There are times I told both my children that they would be grounded for life if they did something. Of course that would never be the case, even if it was a more serious grounding.

Punish how you see fit. I think we all do.

I don't think you need parenting classes more than anyone of us here do. The only perfect parents are those that pretend to be and sanctimoms of course. I am certainly very far from a perfect parent. I even question my ability to be good mom some days. That is normal.
Sorry, I didn't see your original comment. If he does something that is disrespectful, and wrong, then yes he will be punished. He would lose some toys, along with the TV. He also would have apologized to the waitress for being so rude. I think that is a better way to handle it than hitting him, or yelling at him. I hope and pray he never does this, but you just never know. I was raised from a young age that if you do something wrong, you get punished. That's just how it was back then, and how it should be now. I don't want him thinking that it's okay to do those things, and hurt other people's feelings. It's just not okay.

It is normal to question if you're a good parent somedays. I am far from perfect. My goal is not to be perfect, but to raise a child that is respectful, and polite. He's not quite 2 yet. So yes, how I think I would handle the situation, and how I would actually handle it will probably be different.

Locked Previous topicNext topic