Embarrassed

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I understand, that is embarrassing.

My DD has a mouth on her that could fill this forum with outraged mothers for days, LOL. I've been there. I used to think they "had to hear it someone" to act like that -- then I had my 3rd, a daughter, who has the vocabulary of a 13 year old with the filter of a demented 92 year old. It's exhausting...
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn't read the other replies. so if my comment repeats someone else's ... great minds

I would have cancelled the sundae, removed my child, left a huge tip and the next two times my kiddo wanted something, no matter how small, the answer would be no. We would also be discussing, as a family, how we treat people and I'd be looking at my own words and actions and the other adults in child's life to see if it is learned behavior.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Kel_in_AZ
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm Okay I'm not one to say this but where's he picking that up? Because I'm not the role model of calmly speaking to people but my kid never called any adult stupid. If he's hearing someone speaking to anyone in a disrespectful manner that needs to change.
I was thinking something similar. That doesn't seem like something that would come out of the mouth of a three year old. The kid heard that somewhere. Maybe they heard it in a joking way and didn't realize it isn't something they should say.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am First he would be apologizing. Then he wouldn't get the sundae. In fact when we got home, we would be having a long talk about his behavior, and how he was losing tv for a month, and probably most of his toys.
Are you serious?!
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm Okay I'm not one to say this but where's he picking that up? Because I'm not the role model of calmly speaking to people but my kid never called any adult stupid. If he's hearing someone speaking to anyone in a disrespectful manner that needs to change.
Right? "Stupid" is considered a bad word for my kids. My 10dd and I were at the grocery store not too long ago. There was a mom with four or five kids. The youngest was 3ish. The 3 yr old told his mom to "shut up stupid" and the mom retorted "you shut up stupid!" Now before the mom retorted, my DD gave me this look like "ooh he's going to be in trouble!" Then when the mom responded my DD's look changed to shock. She knows to never talk like that but also I've never talked to her like that so she was utterly shocked that a mom would do that. I just explained to her that some people aren't good parents and their children learn bad things from it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:44 am
Right? "Stupid" is considered a bad word for my kids. My 10dd and I were at the grocery store not too long ago. There was a mom with four or five kids. The youngest was 3ish. The 3 yr old told his mom to "shut up stupid" and the mom retorted "you shut up stupid!" Now before the mom retorted, my DD gave me this look like "ooh he's going to be in trouble!" Then when the mom responded my DD's look changed to shock. She knows to never talk like that but also I've never talked to her like that so she was utterly shocked that a mom would do that. I just explained to her that some people aren't good parents and their children learn bad things from it.
My boys have called each other stupid don't get me wrong, but never me or another adult. At least not to their face. I won't say they've never complained about a teacher being stupid or some such but to them they're respectful. Maybe they knew there would be hell to pay if they weren't. I used to say think what you want about me or anyone but you will be polite or else. So in this case I wondered if this child heard it somewhere and many times too. If it's in the family it needs to stop. Like your example, which is a horrible way to teach a child.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:42 pm I understand, that is embarrassing.

My DD has a mouth on her that could fill this forum with outraged mothers for days, LOL. I've been there. I used to think they "had to hear it someone" to act like that -- then I had my 3rd, a daughter, who has the vocabulary of a 13 year old with the filter of a demented 92 year old. It's exhausting...
I gave you a thumbs-up only because there wasn't an "I'm with you icon!" But I totally hear you. My now 14 year old has a mouth on her from eight until 12 that embarrassed me in a few public locations. Now she was held accountable for those times, but it was a four year struggle. No worse was when she went through the "Terrible Ten's." I have used that term a few times in replies with this site. I clearly recall an incident in Wal-mart with her when she threw a pair of jeans at me in the store. Why do kids always choose Wal-mart? LOL! I have been called a few bad names to my face.

Now she is that sweet young teen that I always hoped she would be, even after I ground her!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:06 am
agander2017 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am First he would be apologizing. Then he wouldn't get the sundae. In fact when we got home, we would be having a long talk about his behavior, and how he was losing tv for a month, and probably most of his toys.
Are you serious?!
I hope not!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:41 pm Out to eat for lunch with a three year old. The waitress offered a free Sunday to the kid and the kid accepted the offer. As the waitress walks away the kid yells "Get it right now, stupid!" across the room at her. It was so embarrassing.
If that were my brat, he would apologize to the waitress when she brought the sundae then I would have taken the bowl and dumped it on his head.
Sure you would have yep sure
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:33 am
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:06 am
Are you serious?!
I hope not!
OMG me too!
Locked Previous topicNext topic