Embarrassed

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Was this your 3 year old?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:41 pm Out to eat for lunch with a three year old. The waitress offered a free Sunday to the kid and the kid accepted the offer. As the waitress walks away the kid yells "Get it right now, stupid!" across the room at her. It was so embarrassing.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

A 3 year old says things without that much comprehension. They should be made to apologize and have it explained why that shouldn’t say that.
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My son would not have any ice cream that day. After apologizing we would have headed home. And after he was done screaming and being dramatic (because that is how he would reacted to no ice cream) we would discuss once again (we have had this talk before) proper behavior and manners.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:46 pm At 3 they mimic what the adults in their lives say. What a shame. If that had been either of the boys they would have apologized and we would have left immediately. That behavior is 100% unacceptable at any age.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:41 pm Out to eat for lunch with a three year old. The waitress offered a free Sunday to the kid and the kid accepted the offer. As the waitress walks away the kid yells "Get it right now, stupid!" across the room at her. It was so embarrassing.
I agree that he heard it somewhere, but we don't know it was an adult. Toddlers can mimic siblings as well or other kids in daycare. It could have been anyone he comes in contact with.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:14 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:07 pm Okay I'm not one to say this but where's he picking that up? Because I'm not the role model of calmly speaking to people but my kid never called any adult stupid. If he's hearing someone speaking to anyone in a disrespectful manner that needs to change.
That was my thought too. It's not like 3 year olds are with all sorts of different people. It's either parents who talk that way, or a daycare provider who allows it, or perhaps grandparents or other adult around the child a lot who talks that way. I would be figuring it out real fast and stopping it.

And my kid would never get that sundae or any other sundae for some time.
Not necessarily an adult. He could have heard another child or sibling say that and repeated it.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

First he would be apologizing. Then he wouldn't get the sundae. In fact when we got home, we would be having a long talk about his behavior, and how he was losing tv for a month, and probably most of his toys.

Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

just here for the comments...
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No sundae for him.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Wow! If my three year old said that, I would first wonder where she got it from. Then I would have cancelled the order and made her apologize to the server before we immediately left. The talking to would be immediate and serious with a dire warning that she would be lucky that she just spending a period of time in her room.

This family has no time for that type of behaviour.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 am First he would be apologizing. Then he wouldn't get the sundae. In fact when we got home, we would be having a long talk about his behavior, and how he was losing tv for a month, and probably most of his toys.

I sincerely hope you're saying that because you think, erroneously, that impresses us. Making a 3 year old lose tv for a month and most his toys would be unspeakably stupid.
Locked Previous topicNext topic