It seems like some of you would hate me as a neighbor

Anonymous 4

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 am
Anonymous 19 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:34 am We had neighbors like you once. The were up being loud and annoying till about 3 am. 7 am the next my kids went in the pool we fired up the grill. It was a blast and they were pissed.
We had a neighbour years ago who liked to get together with his band in his garage until 4AM many nights. One day the neighbours and I with little kids (after talking to the other neighbours) decided if he could have band practice until the wee hours we could have "marching band" practice with our little kids at 7AM on the sidewalk in front of his house. Barney and Wiggles songs, pots and pans...it was great. He didn't think it was as great and when we told him this would be happening every time he decided to keep the neighbourhood up the band moved their jam sessions to someone's farm. While I'm betting the cows have some PTSD we slept much better after that.
I would have included some air horns in that marching band, lol
Deleted User 1018

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:06 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:12 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:26 pm
What have they done?
They throw stuff over the fence at our dogs, thrown old nails in our yard. Lately, they have thrown dog poo into the road. Another neighbor swept that back into their yard, because their kids are out there. We suspect them of other things, but we have no proof. And this has been going on for years. There is some escalation of the petty craziness which is prompting me to look into surveillance to catch them or whoever is doing this.
Did something set this in motion our they're just random assholes? What miserable morons.
My husband and I have talked about this many times, and have never figured out what happened. We used to talk to these people, even had them in our home for dinner. We had been in their home for dinner and kid's bday parties. Then, things slowly went south. I used to joke around that one of these days we were going to be an ID Discovery episode, but not any more. Having stuff thrown into our yard or our dogs are sometimes to afraid to go outside for some reason, is to up close and personal.

I hate that things have escalated to a place where I feel installing cameras is the way to go, to answer the question, is it if it is even them. A surveillance system isn't going to be cheap. I am going to try motion activated game cameras first, and go from there.

And the thing is. We like these people. We just think they have lost their ever living minds, but damn if this isnt going to end up in civil court, at some point, if it dont stop.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 am
Anonymous 19 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:34 am We had neighbors like you once. The were up being loud and annoying till about 3 am. 7 am the next my kids went in the pool we fired up the grill. It was a blast and they were pissed.
We had a neighbour years ago who liked to get together with his band in his garage until 4AM many nights. One day the neighbours and I with little kids (after talking to the other neighbours) decided if he could have band practice until the wee hours we could have "marching band" practice with our little kids at 7AM on the sidewalk in front of his house. Barney and Wiggles songs, pots and pans...it was great. He didn't think it was as great and when we told him this would be happening every time he decided to keep the neighbourhood up the band moved their jam sessions to someone's farm. While I'm betting the cows have some PTSD we slept much better after that.
Stop! Cows with PTSD...I'm crying! 😂😂😂
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

It is NOT being "uptight." It's that you and your kids are being jerks if you are keeping the neighbors up at night. We used to have a small backyard pool and I made a point of NEVER allowing it to get loud at night. All my daughter's friends understood it, too. They were clearly more mature and considerate than you. Our noise ordinance would shut you down in a heartbeat no matter the day or time if you got so loud it reached a certain level, measured by police when they come out. We won't put up with crap like that.
Deleted User 1344

I agree.
Their kids are not seeing a good example from their parents.
It’s important to teach them that they must think of others, not just themselves.
Neighbors need to show consideration for each other and know how to get along.

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:47 pm It is NOT being "uptight." It's that you and your kids are being jerks if you are keeping the neighbors up at night. We used to have a small backyard pool and I made a point of NEVER allowing it to get loud at night. All my daughter's friends understood it, too. They were clearly more mature and considerate than you. Our noise ordinance would shut you down in a heartbeat no matter the day or time if you got so loud it reached a certain level, measured by police when they come out. We won't put up with crap like that.
Anonymous 1

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:47 pm It is NOT being "uptight." It's that you and your kids are being jerks if you are keeping the neighbors up at night. We used to have a small backyard pool and I made a point of NEVER allowing it to get loud at night. All my daughter's friends understood it, too. They were clearly more mature and considerate than you. Our noise ordinance would shut you down in a heartbeat no matter the day or time if you got so loud it reached a certain level, measured by police when they come out. We won't put up with crap like that.
The police have come out and measured and we werent even close
Anonymous 2

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 pm

So what if it's not close? You're still disturbing your neighbors in their home. Start behaving like you have some class.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

If I can hear your kids when I'm in my house and its after quiet hour, your damn right I'm calling for a noise violation. During quiet hour I should not hear you or your kids when I'm inside.
Anonymous 8

Post the video.
Anonymous 2

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:51 pm
Post the video.

You'd trust her to post a real one?
Locked Previous topicNext topic