My life doesnt revolve around my ex MIL and that makes me the bad guy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My ex MIL is going to be in town next week. The kids will be with me. We are all pretty busy and have plans. I have tried to set up a time for her to come to our house to spend time with the kids or at least go out for dinner. She is only available at times when we are not. My ex and my ex MIL are wanting me and the kids to drop our plans to spend time with her. She wants to go out to eat friday night and she wants to spend wednesday with the kids

We have plans most of the day Wednesday but could do dinner. She isnt happy about that and doesnt want to come just for dinner on Wednesday

We have plans for Friday night too. She should have come out on my exs time or given us a heads up. She expects us to drop all of our plans because she is the one visiting. She even went as far as saying I am a horrible host. I am not hosting her so that doesnt even make sense. I am not sure why she is willing to have dinner on friday with the kids but not wednsday.

The last time I talked to her she said she wasnt sure why I was even involved. Um... because I am their mother and they will be at me. Of course I am involved in making plans. I dont care if she just comes and picks up the kids to take them out or if I drop them off somewhere. I certainly dont want to go out to dinner with her, we never got along. She is either going to have to compromise or lose out on seeing the kids
Anonymous 2

Unread post

If there's no compromise, she and the kids will miss out on seeing one another.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:09 am My ex MIL is going to be in town next week. The kids will be with me. We are all pretty busy and have plans. I have tried to set up a time for her to come to our house to spend time with the kids or at least go out for dinner. She is only available at times when we are not. My ex and my ex MIL are wanting me and the kids to drop our plans to spend time with her. She wants to go out to eat friday night and she wants to spend wednesday with the kids

We have plans most of the day Wednesday but could do dinner. She isnt happy about that and doesnt want to come just for dinner on Wednesday

We have plans for Friday night too. She should have come out on my exs time or given us a heads up. She expects us to drop all of our plans because she is the one visiting. She even went as far as saying I am a horrible host. I am not hosting her so that doesnt even make sense. I am not sure why she is willing to have dinner on friday with the kids but not wednsday.

The last time I talked to her she said she wasnt sure why I was even involved. Um... because I am their mother and they will be at me. Of course I am involved in making plans. I dont care if she just comes and picks up the kids to take them out or if I drop them off somewhere. I certainly dont want to go out to dinner with her, we never got along. She is either going to have to compromise or lose out on seeing the kids
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Honestly, if my "plans" weren't that important, I'd bend and allow it.

How often does she see her grandkids otherwise?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:17 am Honestly, if my "plans" weren't that important, I'd bend and allow it.

She is in town every few months
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:20 am
KendallsMom wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:17 am Honestly, if my "plans" weren't that important, I'd bend and allow it.

I don't know what your plans are, but I'd be the bigger person and allow the visits.

But I'd make it known that I need more notice next time.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn’t talk to her at all.
Her poor planning isn’t your emergency.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:30 am

I don't know what your plans are, but I'd be the bigger person and allow the visits.

It isn't about being the bigger person. We are not going to cancel the plans because they are important to the kids
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:43 am

It isn't about being the bigger person. We are not going to cancel the plans because they are important to the kids
Like I said, I don't know what your plans are. If they are important to you and the kids, then yeah. Keep them.

But my point was, if your plans were to stay in PJ's Friday evening and watch tv,, I'd bend a little.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:43 am

Can she take the kids to whatever they want to do? I mean Idk your plans but if they're kid related I'd let her take the kids while I do adult stuff. Win win.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Typical troll post.
Locked Previous topicNext topic