A teacher friend of mine wants to post this in her classroom.

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 pm I had a teacher whose mantra on the board was “a lack of planning on your part does not constitute An emergency on mine!”

Kids, starting in K need to realize life isn’t always fair!
They do teach that or at least the good ones do. But they usually have inspirational quotes and mottos.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

She sounds like a bitter angry person. She might as well post it, the students, parents and other teachers probably already know she's a hag.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Do you know the movie, "Rocky"? And do you remember his coach, Mickey?...The little old guy with the raspy voice???

When I read that meme, I heard all those statements in HIS voice! :lol:

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:32 pm I say go for it.

Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:30 pm Is she a college professor? Only age that this is okay
Kids should learn these things LONG before they get to college.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.
Iffrinn wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:15 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:30 pm Is she a college professor? Only age that this is okay
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:07 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:49 pm More something that should be posted where the adults can see this as a reminder.
LOL. Honestly I think half her stresses are more so with the parents than with the kids. Probably more than half.
I don't doubt that for a second. Some parents are just unreal.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.
Calling an area a "safe space" doesn't make it "safe". We should be teaching kids how to handle life, not hide from it.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:54 pm If more teachers were like this, there might be fewer kids whining about needing a "safe space" and having a meltdown every time they get their feelings hurt.
I'm not saying it's okay to go around hurting other people's feelings on purpose. But in real life, you ARE going to get your feelings hurt, you SHOULD understand that no one owes you anything, and you are entitled to your emotions, but also responsible for handling those emotions appropriately.
It's GOOD for kids to learn these things.
I think all the moms saying this teacher needs a new job would nullify at home anything this teacher tries to teach in those regards.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

There weren’t any when I went to college!
We just kept plugging along, going to class, doing our class work and projects, etc. and working to pay for our education.

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:42 pm Except that when the do get to college, they will learn that there ARE safe spaces...LOTS of them. All over campus.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:18 am There weren’t any when I went to college!
We just kept plugging along, going to class, doing our class work and projects, etc. and working to pay for our education.

Things have changed since the stone age. Democrats invented the "safe place" and "trigger warnings", you know.
Locked Previous topicNext topic