Frozen meatballs in the crockpot?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So, 2 of my kids love frozen meatballs. The other prefers homemade. I despise frozen, but it’s so hot out today, and I didn’t get ground beef out, so I told my kids I’d throw the frozen ones in the crockpot. Figured it would be simple. They don’t like any sauce on them, so would i just put a bit of water in it so they don’t burn? I also read online they should be thawed a bit first, before putting them in? Has anyone warmed frozen meatballs in a crockpot? I assumed I could just toss them in. (Older will warm up some maranara and make a meatball sub to mask the gross taste he says they have. Lol)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Microwave?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Place the meatballs in a slow cooker with broth or sauce and replace the lid. Turn the cooker on high for one hour or until heated through.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I make frozen meatballs in the crockpot all the time. I make the meatballs myself and freeze them.

I usually add some meatballs, some bbq sauce and a can of pineapples. They are usually cooked through in 1-2 hours but I let them sit as long as possible for maximum flavor
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Throw them in with a little liquid or sauce.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You could use a little water or broth.

My favorite way to make them is with a jar of chilli sauce and a jar of grape jelly. Sounds weird, but it's delicious!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

CrazyJenn wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:49 pm You could use a little water or broth.

My favorite way to make them is with a jar of chilli sauce and a jar of grape jelly. Sounds weird, but it's delicious!
My kids love them cooked like that.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:41 pm Place the meatballs in a slow cooker with broth or sauce and replace the lid. Turn the cooker on high for one hour or until heated through.
This is what I do and it works perfect. My kids love frozen meatballs with BBQ sauce.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 pm So, 2 of my kids love frozen meatballs. The other prefers homemade. I despise frozen, but it’s so hot out today, and I didn’t get ground beef out, so I told my kids I’d throw the frozen ones in the crockpot. Figured it would be simple. They don’t like any sauce on them, so would i just put a bit of water in it so they don’t burn? I also read online they should be thawed a bit first, before putting them in? Has anyone warmed frozen meatballs in a crockpot? I assumed I could just toss them in. (Older will warm up some maranara and make a meatball sub to mask the gross taste he says they have. Lol)
You can put frozen meat in the crock pot. If you cook them on low, you just need a little cooking spray. If you use high, throw in some kind of liquid. YOu don't need to defrost them in the microwave unless you want to cut down the cooking time.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We do it all the time.

Bag of frozen meatballs
18oz BBQ sauce
18oz Grape jelly
Pineapple tidbits (optional)

Dump it all in the crockpot and "cook" on low for 4+ hours, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice and my kids can't get enough.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Locked Previous topicNext topic