Pushy parents

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Any of you deal with pushy parents of your kids' friends? If so, what do you do about them? I have this mom that is very pushy about getting our kids together. Thing is, she only wants to drop her kid off at my house and never offers to have my kid at her house.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, I can't say I have experienced that. BUT, I would practice saying, "Let me see what I have going on, and get back to you." repeatedly, so you are roped into constant play dates.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah, I say that, but I end up actually getting back to her. I am not the type to say I will get back to someone and then not. But I realize I *could* do that, but I know she would just text me again asking.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:23 pm No, I can't say I have experienced that. BUT, I would practice saying, "Let me see what I have going on, and get back to you." repeatedly, so you are roped into constant play dates.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No but I dont have a problem speaking up and saying whats on my mind.
Ask pushy Patty why she's NEVER offered to let your child come to house for a playdate? Also tell her that you are NOT her free babysitter
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

No, thankfully, we haven't had to deal with that and now the kids are older (12 & 14) so they plan their own stuff and just have to ask permission and for rides.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It would be out of my comfort zone to say things like that, but I could try to say let me know when my kid can come over sometime...that would take some "strength" for me to text that, but I could do that. I think this mom takes my niceness for weakness and that pisses me off.
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 pm No but I ldont have a problem speaking up and saying whats on my mind.
Ask pushy Patty why she's NEVER offered to let your child come to house for a playdate? Also tell her that you are NOT her free babysitter
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Here you go...just copy and paste my reply to her.....technically you arent saying that, I am
Lol

Pushy Patty: Hey can John come to your jouse for a playdate with Bill

OP: I dont mind if he comes over but why dont you ever offer to host the playdates?
You do know that Im not a free babysitter.....Right?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:28 pm It would be out of my comfort zone to say things like that, but I could try to say let me know when my kid can come over sometime...that would take some "strength" for me to text that, but I could do that. I think this mom takes my niceness for weakness and that pisses me off.
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 pm No but I ldont have a problem speaking up and saying whats on my mind.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My DD will be 12 soon.
sarah824 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 pm No, thankfully, we haven't had to deal with that and now the kids are older (12 & 14) so they plan their own stuff and just have to ask permission and for rides.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:35 pm My DD will be 12 soon.
sarah824 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:26 pm No, thankfully, we haven't had to deal with that and now the kids are older (12 & 14) so they plan their own stuff and just have to ask permission and for rides.
I haven't dealt with planning my kids "play dates" since they were in 3rd or 4th grade. They would use my phone to talk to their friends, but now they both have their own phones and take care of it themselves. Occasionally, for special situations, I will text or call a parent, but most of the time it is the kids taking care of it. I certainly don't have any pushy parents and since the kids are older they weed out the "needy" friends pretty quick.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She's not pushy but my God one mom has no concept of time or of language. I can't be vague or say maybe next Friday he can come over because she takes maybe as definite. And they'll just show up, she won't confirm. I have to be extremely specific in what I say to her. And she's always late. I really think she has language comprehension problems.
Locked Previous topicNext topic