Im not selfish for not loaning you my car

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My mil's car got repoed due to not having insurance. She asked to borrow my car for a few months until.she can get another car. I told her no way in helll
Her driving licemse has been revoked for DUI for at least 6 months and she has another 6 months until.she is eligible to get hers back. Evidently that makes me a selfish bitch......Go figure
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That's crazy!
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Do you think someone is going to disagree?
I shit glitter
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn’t even want someone like that IN my car. 😂
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She's crazy! If she gets pulled over your car will almost definitely get impounded. Huge fees to get it back even though you weren't driving it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Considering her record, I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't loan mine to someone like that either.

But I've been on the receiving end of someone not wanting to loan a car and it can seem selfish in certain circumstances. My IL's are both retired and have two cars. They are rarely using both cars at the same time. On a day to day basis, my MIL does shopping, one or the other might have a doctor's appt here or there, and they go together to church once a week. That's about it. But they still own two cars. Every year we drive our van back to visit and spend a couple weeks there. DH still goes into the office there to work so that he doesn't have to take a ton of vacation time. I'm running around during the day with the kids doing things and visiting people. It's a pain with just our van because I have to drive DH to work in the morning then drive back to get the kids then do our stuff then make sure to pick up DH at the end of the day then usually go out visiting during the evening too. And this is all over the suburbs of the Mpls / St. Paul area so it's not all little short trips. It would really help if DH could have his own vehicle to get to and from work so I didn't have to do that piece of it. The first year we did this we asked the IL's if we could borrow one of their vehicles for the two weeks. They skirted around the issue and never really gave a straight answer so we just said "screw it" and just managed. Each year since then we don't ask, but we've dropped little hints here and there and they never pick them up.

I mean, yeah, their cars, their prerogative, but DH and I have great driving records and are not reckless at all and I know they have good insurance on their cars. It's not an issue like that at all. They are just so damn particular about everything, they can't even help out their own son and DIL. So yeah, in my mind I consider them rather selfish for it and DH does too.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:08 pm Do you think someone is going to disagree?
No just venting
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:08 pm Do you think someone is going to disagree?
No just venting
About making a wise decision?
I shit glitter
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:41 pm Considering her record, I don't blame you at all. I wouldn't loan mine to someone like that either.

But I've been on the receiving end of someone not wanting to loan a car and it can seem selfish in certain circumstances. My IL's are both retired and have two cars. They are rarely using both cars at the same time. On a day to day basis, my MIL does shopping, one or the other might have a doctor's appt here or there, and they go together to church once a week. That's about it. But they still own two cars. Every year we drive our van back to visit and spend a couple weeks there. DH still goes into the office there to work so that he doesn't have to take a ton of vacation time. I'm running around during the day with the kids doing things and visiting people. It's a pain with just our van because I have to drive DH to work in the morning then drive back to get the kids then do our stuff then make sure to pick up DH at the end of the day then usually go out visiting during the evening too. And this is all over the suburbs of the Mpls / St. Paul area so it's not all little short trips. It would really help if DH could have his own vehicle to get to and from work so I didn't have to do that piece of it. The first year we did this we asked the IL's if we could borrow one of their vehicles for the two weeks. They skirted around the issue and never really gave a straight answer so we just said "screw it" and just managed. Each year since then we don't ask, but we've dropped little hints here and there and they never pick them up.

I mean, yeah, their cars, their prerogative, but DH and I have great driving records and are not reckless at all and I know they have good insurance on their cars. It's not an issue like that at all. They are just so damn particular about everything, they can't even help out their own son and DIL. So yeah, in my mind I consider them rather selfish for it and DH does too.
Sorey if you want two.cars while visiting then take two cars. I dont share my vehicles under any circumstances. If its that much of an issue bring or rent a second car
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, can't borrow my car. My husband doesn't even drive my car.
Locked Previous topicNext topic