My 11yo has a job

noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

His friend’s stepmom just had a baby and they have twin 2yo. She offered him a mother’s helper position helping her with the twins. He’s been taking his 4yo sister with him and he loves it. I love it too because I don’t have to pay for a sitter while I’m at work now. He’s great with his sister and kids, it’s just a blurry line in our state about being home alone with siblings. Legally he’s allowed but it’s at “our discretion” and that’s his father’s main ammo against me. I make him babysit when I work at my part time job in the evening-which I wouldn’t need if their dad would pay the child support🙄

Anyway, my son is making $25/day from 8-12pm and then I get home and take his sister. If she wants some extra help, she pays him to stay a little later. Like I said he LOVES it and she’s been complimenting me so much. He is such a great big brother. She said that he’s going to make bank when he’s 13 and old enough to babysit.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's sweet!
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:27 pm That's sweet!
He’s having so much fun and she can’t say enough good things about him. He’s such a champ with those kids. She said he jumped right in. He keeps saying “I don’t know why she needs me. They’re all easy.”

She took a nap yesterday and he watched the baby, the toddlers, and his sister with no issue. Got everyone a mid morning snack, changed a diaper. It was nothing for him lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

All my kids had jobs around 10 or 11. Mostly at the movie theater or the corner store

I see nothing wrong with working at that age as long as it's within reason
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 pm All my kids had jobs around 10 or 11. Mostly at the movie theater or the corner store

I see nothing wrong with working at that age as long as it's within reason
He’s always shoveled sidewalks and driveways, raked leaves and stuff but I think he’s really going to start making money in a couple years when he’s old enough to babysit.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Cool!!My daughter had a dog walking service/puppy sitter when she was about that age. She had so much business she hired her little friend to help..
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think that's a great idea!!
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Wonderful!
Win/win for all :)
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Hell yea good for him! My oldest started a volunteer job that paid in store credit when she was 10. Now she is 12 and volunteers to help her friends dad at events making snowcone (he gives them the tips) and already has a standing job offer when she turns 14. And she wants to start baby sitting soon. I love seeing young people with good work ethic. Great job momma!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

He's going to make some lucky woman very happy one day. He sounds like a catch already!
Locked Previous topicNext topic