Would you buy stuff without knowing for a fact

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would hope that my son would be smart enough NOT to be in this position in the first place! If he were in a position to be named the father I would hope that he knew this young woman well enough to know they were in an exclusive relationship! So yes, once that is established I’d help as needed
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I don't want to say what I would positively do because unless I'm in the situation, I don't think I can really know what I would do. But my gut tells me that if I were the grandma, I would not ask for reimbursement (unless I had hard proof that the mother positively KNEW all along that my son was NOT the father). TBH, though, it probably would not be worth my effort to attempt to get reimbursed.

If I were the mom-to-be and the wrong grandma had donated a significant amount to a child that proved to not be HER grandchild, I would reimburse that grandma without grandma even requesting it.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:08 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:03 am I would buy stuff. It isn't that big of a deal
Would you try to get reimbursement if you found out he wasn't the dad?. Imo, if you choose to buy the stuff without knowing like a crib, painting the girls room, replacing the carpet, diapers ect.. don't expect to get paid back if the baby isn't his.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:17 am It depends on the relationship and how much I know the GF and how much I trust my DS's judgement. If my DS says, this is my baby OR she's already be embraced as part of the family, I would trust her.

Where does demanding for DNA test end? Do you require one after they get married too? I mean a person can be unfaithful at any time, right?
I think it is different when it is a mature adult in a committed relationship.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wouldn't buy anything until I knew for sure he was the father.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

No, I would not buy stuff or redo rooms in a house that isn’t mine for baby. This is an example why I don’t think an abstinence only mindset in school S*x Ed or at home is ok, kids will have S*x and pregnancies will happen, or stds. Not saying that this girls mom was abstinence only, just my random thoughts as I go off topic.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

This is totally hypothetical since I don’t have any sons.

If I knew they were planning to do a dna test, I’d probably buy a few smaller items, but wait to buy the more expensive gifts until after. Anything given to the mother would be considered a gift and I wouldn’t expect it back. At that point, I’d probably just be relieved that it wasn’t his
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Nope.
I would have a DNA test done ASAP if my kid came home with a pregnant girlfriend.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I personally wouldn’t go overboard buying things even with a DNA test. If my son tonight he was mature enough to have S*x and deal with the consequences, then he should be the one buying that stuff.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 pm Nope. But a man asking a woman for a dna test is major unforgiveable disrespect according to people here.

It is if they're married.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 pm Nope. But a man asking a woman for a dna test is major unforgiveable disrespect according to people here.
Who gives a flying flip what anyone else thinks? Lying, or fudging the truth, is not limited to males. I believe that no man should be made to pay child support for a child unless and until DNA proves conclusively that the child is actually his, and that men who have been made to pay child support for a child they later prove through DNA is not theirs should be able to go after the mother for the return of all support paid, plus interest.
Locked Previous topicNext topic