Woman forced to abort

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:57 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm

I don't know how i feel about the forced abortion. But would you say a child would was raped is due to neglect of the parent? I take care of disabled people. Sometimes they get sent to an adult daycare or sometimes they have they may have an aide that comes in the house to watch her while they work. She could have been raped in any one of those situations. Or it could have been an uncle, cousin a family member they trusted. It is no different than having a child.
My oldest child is mentally about 8 years old. If she was raped yes I would blame myself because either I was not caring for her correctly or I trusted her with someone else who was not caring for her. At the end of the day when you have a child with mental delays they are your responsibility even if they are "adults".

No one would say an actual 6-9 year old should have a baby just because her mom wants it... this is no different.
Yes you are still responsible for them but just like with having a child if you work they have to be cared for and with adults that could mean an adult daycare or an aide coming i. Daily to watch her. Sometimes pedophiles and rapist slips through the tracks and as horrible as it is it can happen and isnt the fault of the parents
I disagree entirely. If someone is not able to keep their own child safe they have no business raising their grandchildren.

In the end no child (mentally of physically) should be forced to have a baby because their mom wants to keep it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:59 pm
My oldest child is mentally about 8 years old. If she was raped yes I would blame myself because either I was not caring for her correctly or I trusted her with someone else who was not caring for her. At the end of the day when you have a child with mental delays they are your responsibility even if they are "adults".

No one would say an actual 6-9 year old should have a baby just because her mom wants it... this is no different.
Yes you are still responsible for them but just like with having a child if you work they have to be cared for and with adults that could mean an adult daycare or an aide coming i. Daily to watch her. Sometimes pedophiles and rapist slips through the tracks and as horrible as it is it can happen and isnt the fault of the parents
I disagree entirely. If someone is not able to keep their own child safe they have no business raising their grandchildren.

In the end no child (mentally of physically) should be forced to have a baby because their mom wants to keep it.

Not a single person on this earth can 100 percent guarantee their child's safety.

Are the parents of the children who are murdered by gunmen at their schools not fit to raise children? What about the ones who got molested by their teachers? The child who got hurt by the other kid at the back of the bus? The child who broke her leg at softball practice? The parent whose child was critically injured or even killed when they were hit by a drunk driver? Those parents have no business raising kids either, eh?

A lot of victim blaming going on in this post. We don't have evidence from the article that the mother was negliglent.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't agree with that. It would be one thing if she didn't express an opinion, but I don't think doing it against her will is beneficial to her. Can she raise a baby? Probably not. But, there are ways to help her deliver and the child can be raised by someone who is capable. Forcing an abortion at this point in the pregnancy can leave a trauma to someone who is not developmentally able to handle it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

As i said i don't know how i feel about a forced abortion. But i do not think the mom is at fault for the rape. She may have thought her child was safe with an aide or at the daycare. This is coming from someone who was sexually abused for 5 years. It wasn't my mom fault. She had no way of knowing what my step dad was doing to me. It is no different in this situation. She had no clue that simone was going to rape her dd.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Pro choice does not apply in this situation, it cant. This pregnant women does not have the mental capacity to make that choice which is why it went in front of a judge. She can NOT understand fully what having a child would be like. She can NOT understand what being a mother would be like. She will NEVER have that mental capacity

Sure the grandmother might say she wants this baby but the issue is she is proved that she is also incompetent.
I see nothing in this article that the mother is incompetent. Idk where the girl lives. If it's a facility or group home it's easy enough for the girl to get molested. Happens every day. For what it's worth I think the abortion isn't a bad idea. It still won't change my mind that this is still a slippery slope.
Her mom either left her unsupervised long enough to be raped or she is not able to raise her own daughter. Both of those things are incompetent.

I can see how it is a slippery slope but the fact is that there are no competent adults in this situation to raise a baby.
It's not so that the mother is incompetent to raise the baby unless you read something I didn't. Young kids get molested every damn day. So do the disabled. What about that CNA that recently molested that woman that was in a vegetative state? No place but here have I ever heard the mother getting blamed for that. It'd be one thing if it was mom's bf but they don't even know what happened. It's possible the mother works and has an aid for the dd. It's possible they decided a group home was best for her and they hired a sexual predator. It's possible another man with mental disabilities that she knows did it. Who knows? Simply put, the judge decided what she did. I don't know enough to say what I would have done. What is really a shame is this could have been prevented but no one thought of birth control. It could have stopped her periods and made her life easier as well.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm
Emandab wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:45 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm

Pro choice does not apply in this situation, it cant. This pregnant women does not have the mental capacity to make that choice which is why it went in front of a judge. She can NOT understand fully what having a child would be like. She can NOT understand what being a mother would be like. She will NEVER have that mental capacity

Sure the grandmother might say she wants this baby but the issue is she is proved that she is also incompetent.
The grandmother has not proved she is incompetent. The details were not stated. Her daughter might not live with her. She may live in an assisted living home. My 40 yr old disabled brother does. Not because my parents are incompetent but because he wants to, what he considers, live on his own.

Anyways, none of that matters. If the grandmother is found incompetent then the baby should be adopted out. There is zero reason to kill this baby. A baby that if born today could live.
What mental age is your brother?
I'd say about the same at the women in the article. He might go a little higher. He lives in a house with 3 or 4 others with a similar mentally. He works at a workshop. Earns a very small paycheck. It's been explained to him that if he lived at home with our parents he would have more spending money (the program takes his social security and half his paycheck) but he doesn't want that. He wants to live with his friends. He's been out for almost twenty years. He comes home on the weekends. I'm just saying her mother might not be culpable in this pregnancy. I don't know because they didn't give those details. They did say the social worker advocated for the grandmother so that should say something.
ThePhoenix669
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

No different than someone thinking women should be forced to give birth, so many anti-abortionists think fathers should have a say if a child is aborted or not & if they are against it, a father has that right, so basically ppl are saying fathers should be able to force a woman to give birth, so what's the difference? BTW, I am against anyone being forced to do anything.
Babs
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it's very sad, but probably for the best. I don't know how the mother would take care of the child. Or the grandmother in this case I guess.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:47 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm
Emandab wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:45 pm

The grandmother has not proved she is incompetent. The details were not stated. Her daughter might not live with her. She may live in an assisted living home. My 40 yr old disabled brother does. Not because my parents are incompetent but because he wants to, what he considers, live on his own.

Anyways, none of that matters. If the grandmother is found incompetent then the baby should be adopted out. There is zero reason to kill this baby. A baby that if born today could live.
What mental age is your brother?
I'd say about the same at the women in the article. He might go a little higher. He lives in a house with 3 or 4 others with a similar mentally. He works at a workshop. Earns a very small paycheck. It's been explained to him that if he lived at home with our parents he would have more spending money (the program takes his social security and half his paycheck) but he doesn't want that. He wants to live with his friends. He's been out for almost twenty years. He comes home on the weekends. I'm just saying her mother might not be culpable in this pregnancy. I don't know because they didn't give those details. They did say the social worker advocated for the grandmother so that should say something.
Okay but if your parents don't care for him they have no business caring for his child.

The judge knew the full details and made the choice that was in the best interest of the girl.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Not a single person on this earth can 100 percent guarantee their child's safety.

Are the parents of the children who are murdered by gunmen at their schools not fit to raise children? What about the ones who got molested by their teachers? The child who got hurt by the other kid at the back of the bus? The child who broke her leg at softball practice? The parent whose child was critically injured or even killed when they were hit by a drunk driver? Those parents have no business raising kids either, eh?

A lot of victim blaming going on in this post. We don't have evidence from the article that the mother was negliglent.
Devil's advocate here but blaming the mother for her mentally disabled daughter's pregnancy is not victim blaming. The daughter with the mentality of a 6-9 year old is the victim here. NOT her mom.
Locked Previous topicNext topic