Woman forced to abort

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 pm I think they are making the right decision. The mother of the pregnant women clearly isnt caring for her that well if she got pregnant. Also if she isnt in her care then she has no business raising her grandchild instead of taking care of her own child.
I don't know if i would blame her mom for her pregnancy. She could have been spending time in an adult daycare, she could have had a home h3 aide coming in and helping her.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Idk. You're right that it would be considered molestation. I see your pov about mother and daughter although Idk her home life. But to me personally pro choice means that. Why is that judge even getting involved in this girl's affairs if the family will raise the child?
This is a slippery slope that's all.
Pro choice does not apply in this situation, it cant. This pregnant women does not have the mental capacity to make that choice which is why it went in front of a judge. She can NOT understand fully what having a child would be like. She can NOT understand what being a mother would be like. She will NEVER have that mental capacity

Sure the grandmother might say she wants this baby but the issue is she is proved that she is also incompetent.
I see nothing in this article that the mother is incompetent. Idk where the girl lives. If it's a facility or group home it's easy enough for the girl to get molested. Happens every day. For what it's worth I think the abortion isn't a bad idea. It still won't change my mind that this is still a slippery slope.
Her mom either left her unsupervised long enough to be raped or she is not able to raise her own daughter. Both of those things are incompetent.

I can see how it is a slippery slope but the fact is that there are no competent adults in this situation to raise a baby.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:38 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 pm I think they are making the right decision. The mother of the pregnant women clearly isnt caring for her that well if she got pregnant. Also if she isnt in her care then she has no business raising her grandchild instead of taking care of her own child.
I don't know if i would blame her mom for her pregnancy. She could have been spending time in an adult daycare, she could have had a home h3 aide coming in and helping her.
It is the fault of the rapist however this mother either negligent, left her in the care of someone she should not have or is not even caring for her herself. She has no business forcing her daughter to go through this when she dropped the ball so much
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:12 pm

She was raped. Someone with her mental capacity can not consent to S*x. That is like asking if a 9 year old who is pregnant was molested....

The mother clearly isnt doing that well with her daughter... why would it be a good idea to add a baby to that mess?
Idk. You're right that it would be considered molestation. I see your pov about mother and daughter although Idk her home life. But to me personally pro choice means that. Why is that judge even getting involved in this girl's affairs if the family will raise the child?
Pro choice does not apply in this situation, it cant. This pregnant women does not have the mental capacity to make that choice which is why it went in front of a judge. She can NOT understand fully what having a child would be like. She can NOT understand what being a mother would be like. She will NEVER have that mental capacity

Sure the grandmother might say she wants this baby but the issue is she is proved that she is also incompetent.
The grandmother has not proved she is incompetent. The details were not stated. Her daughter might not live with her. She may live in an assisted living home. My 40 yr old disabled brother does. Not because my parents are incompetent but because he wants to, what he considers, live on his own.

Anyways, none of that matters. If the grandmother is found incompetent then the baby should be adopted out. There is zero reason to kill this baby. A baby that if born today could live.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:45 pm

The grandmother has not proved she is incompetent. The details were not stated. Her daughter might not live with her. She may live in an assisted living home. My 40 yr old disabled brother does. Not because my parents are incompetent but because he wants to, what he considers, live on his own.

Anyways, none of that matters. If the grandmother is found incompetent then the baby should be adopted out. There is zero reason to kill this baby. A baby that if born today could live.
What mental age is your brother?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:43 pm
It is the fault of the rapist however this mother either negligent, left her in the care of someone she should not have or is not even caring for her herself. She has no business forcing her daughter to go through this
I don't know how i feel about the forced abortion. But would you say a child would was raped is due to neglect of the parent? I take care of disabled people. Sometimes they get sent to an adult daycare or sometimes they have they may have an aide that comes in the house to watch her while they work. She could have been raped in any one of those situations. Or it could have been an uncle, cousin a family member they trusted. It is no different than having a child.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:29 pm

I see nothing in this article that the mother is incompetent. Idk where the girl lives. If it's a facility or group home it's easy enough for the girl to get molested. Happens every day. For what it's worth I think the abortion isn't a bad idea. It still won't change my mind that this is still a slippery slope.
Her mom either left her unsupervised long enough to be raped or she is not able to raise her own daughter. Both of those things are incompetent.

I can see how it is a slippery slope but the fact is that there are no competent adults in this situation to raise a baby.
She has raised her. This woman is an adult. The woman attends a day school/facility and lives with mom. It was stated in another article that it is believed that the woman was impregnated at the facility so mom had nothing to do with it. Someone at the facility or a visitor raped her.
The judge made this decision because it was likely that either the baby or his/her mother would have to live elsewhere after the birth which would leave one of them in a foster care or group home situation. And also because it would be more difficult to adopt out the child after birth as both the mother and grandmother have indicated wanting the child.
I don't know if I agree with the decision but there are also different laws in Great Britain that came into play here.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The woman was raped. It's the right call. It should have happened 10 weeks ago, though. But given the woman's mental and cognitive disability the pregnancy probably wasn't discovered until recently. I don't know why this is even in the news. It's nobody's business.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm

It is the fault of the rapist however this mother either negligent, left her in the care of someone she should not have or is not even caring for her herself. She has no business forcing her daughter to go through this
I don't know how i feel about the forced abortion. But would you say a child would was raped is due to neglect of the parent? I take care of disabled people. Sometimes they get sent to an adult daycare or sometimes they have they may have an aide that comes in the house to watch her while they work. She could have been raped in any one of those situations. Or it could have been an uncle, cousin a family member they trusted. It is no different than having a child.
My oldest child is mentally about 8 years old. If she was raped yes I would blame myself because either I was not caring for her correctly or I trusted her with someone else who was not caring for her. At the end of the day when you have a child with mental delays they are your responsibility even if they are "adults".

No one would say an actual 6-9 year old should have a baby just because her mom wants it... this is no different.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:48 pm

My oldest child is mentally about 8 years old. If she was raped yes I would blame myself because either I was not caring for her correctly or I trusted her with someone else who was not caring for her. At the end of the day when you have a child with mental delays they are your responsibility even if they are "adults".

No one would say an actual 6-9 year old should have a baby just because her mom wants it... this is no different.
Yes you are still responsible for them but just like with having a child if you work they have to be cared for and with adults that could mean an adult daycare or an aide coming i. Daily to watch her. Sometimes pedophiles and rapist slips through the tracks and as horrible as it is it can happen and isnt the fault of the parents
Locked Previous topicNext topic