My sister is pissed because I told her that nanny will charge more than $5 an hour

CatacombWeaver

Unread post

I am a stay-at-home mother of five (but two are teens) and I typically drive 45 minutes away twice a week to watch my sister's kids while she works as a hair stylist. Of course I don't charge her, she's family. Her drunk of a fiance just lost his fifth job of the year and is forced to go work out of state so he'll no longer be there to watch the kids on his days off. She asks me to go online and find her a nanny for...get this...an hourly wage of $5.00 per hour for a 9 month-old and 6 year-old! I politely tell her that she would be very lucky to find that rate for an in-home daycare or a very young teenager, but that for in-home care she should be doubling that minimally and she hung up on me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She’s in for a rude awakening.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s not going to happen. She should know better..
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

$5?!

Shit... the 13 yr olds around here charge at least $10 an hour 😂
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Lol she is lucky she doesnt live here. The cheapest childcare is $100 a day

Even teenagers get $20+ an hour for babysitting
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She should look .. good luck to her :)
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I had someone try to get me to watch her 2 boys ages 3 and 5 in their home for 10 hours for $30 a day. And I couldn't leave the house with them either.
Yeah I laughed.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If your sister isn't paying you then she should be driving her kids to your house to watch them. I cannot imagine what kind of person who'd even take $5 for babysitting and I damn straight wouldn't trust that person to watch my two young children.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

when the economy affected my business I went to work as a nanny while trying to keep my business afloat... I made more than 100.00 a day with paid vacations. lol. so yeah, she's not dealing with the reality of childcare cost.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Damn I pay teenagers $10 an hour to babysit. I’d expect to pay an adult even more. She’s in for a rude awakening.
Locked Previous topicNext topic