Political drama on a knitting/crochet site. Ravelry bans ...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:17 am
Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:35 pm

I agree.
There doesnt have to be political talk at all.
And I am a Democrat.
Not all democrats think alike.
There are a bunch of Democrats who don't like what is happening in their party right now.
Im not objecting to the Democratic Party at all.
I object to seeing comments that generalize about all democrats.
In other words, in this case of the knitters and political talk , not all of us think alike.
Funny seeing you say this, considering you turn around and generalize about all republicans.
HanSolo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:52 pm
Ledina60 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 am
MysticDreamer wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:17 am

There are a bunch of Democrats who don't like what is happening in their party right now.
Im not objecting to the Democratic Party at all.
I object to seeing comments that generalize about all democrats.
In other words, in this case of the knitters and political talk , not all of us think alike.
Funny seeing you say this, considering you turn around and generalize about all republicans.
I don’t.
There are different kinds of republicans. There are conservative Republicans and moderate Republicans, maybe even liberal Republicans.
As I’ve said many times, I used to vote Republican. I was going to vote Republican in 2016 if the nominee was not Trump.
I only object to bigoted conservatives.
I don’t dislike Republicans.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Lexy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:38 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Agree to disagree.
I was a member until they took a position in January 2017 - not 2.5 years into the administration. They flooded the site with p**sy Hats. Now the ban chatter and patterns about the sitting President. Patterns. They banned patterns.

But you can still go help yourself to as many p**sy hat patterns as you could ever want.

They are private but clearly biased.

IMG_7870.PNG
This is what you do when you know you can't win on facts. Silence the opposition.
All conservative chatter is being shut down, all over the place. Liberal chatter and Trump bashing is acceptable.

Now, who are are Nazis?
They are banning all expressions of support for the duly elected and currently sitting President of the United States of America. The people who support the President are allowed to contribute to the website's business as long as they restrict their speech and expression and agree to this website's oppressive demands. It's a private website, so they can set rules up to a point, but it's a free country and anyone who values their freedom of speech is entitled to vote with their wallets and click elsewhere...where freedom is tolerated and expression isn't dictated, mandated or punished.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm
jas wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:09 pm

To which all political talk should be out. The fact they took a "side" clearly states which way they lean. We can talk about the democrats all day long.
Agree to disagree.

They took a position after 2.5 years of the administration being in the WH and seeing the actions taken, not based on a "side" or a political party. If that was the case it would have happened at inauguration - not years later. They made it clear it was about his support of racist remarks and actions.

It is a privately held company and they can set the user agreement as they choose.
Agree to disagree.
I was a member until they took a position in January 2017 - not 2.5 years into the administration. They flooded the site with p**sy Hats. Now the ban chatter and patterns about the sitting President. Patterns. They banned patterns.

But you can still go help yourself to as many p**sy hat patterns as you could ever want.

IMG_7870.PNG
But a bakery owner has NO right to set his business's standards.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Agree to disagree.

They took a position after 2.5 years of the administration being in the WH and seeing the actions taken, not based on a "side" or a political party. If that was the case it would have happened at inauguration - not years later. They made it clear it was about his support of racist remarks and actions.

It is a privately held company and they can set the user agreement as they choose.
Agree to disagree.

IMG_7870.PNG
But a bakery owner has NO right to set his business's standards.
They will just make the "protected class" excuse. You can be as discriminatory as you like to the white straight unprotected people.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

The Raveley knitting site is being discussed in the Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight!
🤣😂😆🤣
Excellent!
Deleted User 1074

Unread post

4chan trolls are already planning on screwing with them.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:58 pm The Raveley knitting site is being discussed in the Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight!
🤣😂😆🤣
Excellent!
I love Colbert! I'll have to catch it later online.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:04 am 4chan trolls are already planning on screwing with them.
Aren’t they the ones that got in trouble for hacking swatikas onto google searches and having someone who’s screen name started with “Klan” get into Trayvon Martin’s e-mail to show he “should have” been killed?

I’m not sure they’re the best ones to try proving a lack of racism here...
Locked Previous topicNext topic