Political drama on a knitting/crochet site. Ravelry bans ...

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

water<wine wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:04 am 4chan trolls are already planning on screwing with them.
I hope they do, and I hope that site goes down over this. Bigots.
KAG
Mean Girl
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:30 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Agree to disagree.

They took a position after 2.5 years of the administration being in the WH and seeing the actions taken, not based on a "side" or a political party. If that was the case it would have happened at inauguration - not years later. They made it clear it was about his support of racist remarks and actions.

It is a privately held company and they can set the user agreement as they choose.
Agree to disagree.
I was a member until they took a position in January 2017 - not 2.5 years into the administration. They flooded the site with p**sy Hats. Now the ban chatter and patterns about the sitting President. Patterns. They banned patterns.

But you can still go help yourself to as many p**sy hat patterns as you could ever want.

They are private but clearly biased.

IMG_7870.PNG
But a bakery owner has NO right to set his business's standards.
You are mixing apples with koala bears. The two are not even remotely similar. And you know it. The bakery owner violated a civil rights discrimination law. Ravelry is an online forum for yarn crafters. It is inherently a non-political site. It was created for the discussion and sharing of knitting and crocheting. It has every right to set its own Terms of Service, just as Skip does on this site.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:18 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Agree to disagree.
I was a member until they took a position in January 2017 - not 2.5 years into the administration. They flooded the site with p**sy Hats. Now the ban chatter and patterns about the sitting President. Patterns. They banned patterns.

But you can still go help yourself to as many p**sy hat patterns as you could ever want.

They are private but clearly biased.

IMG_7870.PNG
You are mixing apples with koala bears. The two are not even remotely similar. And you know it. The bakery owner violated a civil rights discrimination law. Ravelry is an online forum for yarn crafters. It is inherently a non-political site. It was created for the discussion and sharing of knitting and crocheting. It has every right to set its own Terms of Service, just as Skip does on this site.
If you ban all POLITICS I totally agree. But they are only banning Trump support.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:29 pm

If you ban all POLITICS I totally agree. But they are only banning Trump support.
Look at the TOS, it bans personal attacks and hate speech. And it is not bound by the CO discrimination law. White supremacists are not a protected demographic. And Trump supports hate speech, white supremacists and discrimination. They are within their right to ban whomever they wish. Like I said, you're comparing apples with koala bears. The baker was discriminating against gays in clear violation of a law. Ravelry is breaking no such laws. The Trumpers were clearly violating the TOS, however. Don't like it, don't hang out on the forum. There are other forums where the hate speech of Trumpers is supported and welcomed.
https://www.ravelry.com/about/guidelines
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

They should have set up a political forum and had members take their political knitting needles over there.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They’re banning racism, which happened to all be coming from Trump supporters.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:00 pm

Didn’t someone’s comment about admiring and looking up to Trump get deleted? Ohhhh, real hard core hate speech there. 😂
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Didn’t someone’s comment about admiring and looking up to Trump get deleted? Ohhhh, real hard core hate speech there. 😂
Did you
See that happen?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:06 pm

Did you
See that happen?
I read it somewhere.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

LOL. They were swinging them knitting needles in a threatening manner. That is what made it hard core hate speech.
Locked Previous topicNext topic