Your home paint colors—do they reflect you?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So we are long over due for a inside paint job. If I had posted pics, I would have been berated and belittled for the grossness of the handprints & filth on the wall, lol. And my cleaning ability on the tan eggshell was not adequate AT ALL! So anything would be a huge upgrade, lol.

A color consultant encouraged the grey or beige, it’s popular I decided, “nope, not going to do it” I am not concerned with resale at the moment. So I went crazy with rich, warm colors”.

My painter just said, “this is the most fun house, I have painted in a long time. It is so you and your DH, colorful & sunny” that made giggle, because lately I think colorful LTGBQ movement and that is not us, but I think I get what he means.

And it is true, I feel so much more warm and almost feel like it my home is enveloping me in a hug, lol!

How about you guys? Has anybody else broken away of the grey, griege, and beige colors? Or are you loving the traditional?

The only room I struggle with is the pink room, DD’s room, ugh! It mucks up the whole palette, but it’s her right now, so even that makes me smile!
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My home colours reflect my choices and the encouraged choices for the two kids' rooms. My husband doesn't care about colour coordination.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:51 am My home colours reflect my choices and the encouraged choices for the two kids' rooms. My husband doesn't care about colour coordination.
DH let me pick, but he loves my choices, so he encourages me to stray away from the norm in our area.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My house would never sell with the colors it is painted with right now. I love it though. The kids all picked the colors they want. The kitchen is a dark green, the dining room is real, and the living room is a bright blue color

My bedroom is black from floor to ceiling and I love it
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:53 am My house would never sell with the colors it is painted with right now. I love it though. The kids all picked the colors they want. The kitchen is a dark green, the dining room is real, and the living room is a bright blue color

What about black draws you in? I wear a lot of black out of convenience as it backdrops for other bright colors. But I do not have a lot in my house.

We love blue, our guest, master bedrooms are going to be a reflecting pool blue. It is gorgeous and soothing. I love green as well.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:53 am
Linda_Runs wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:51 am My home colours reflect my choices and the encouraged choices for the two kids' rooms. My husband doesn't care about colour coordination.
DH let me pick, but he loves my choices, so he encourages me to stray away from the norm in our area.
One child's room is a royal blue and the other a desert gold. Most of our house is frosted toffee and sandy type colours. We have quite a bit of high quality art on our walls so the base colours were a narrow pick to accentuate the pieces.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:56 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:53 am My house would never sell with the colors it is painted with right now. I love it though. The kids all picked the colors they want. The kitchen is a dark green, the dining room is real, and the living room is a bright blue color

What about black draws you in? I wear a lot of black out of convenience as it backdrops for other bright colors. But I do not have a lot in my house.

We love blue, our guest, master bedrooms are going to be a reflecting pool blue. It is gorgeous and soothing. I love green as well.
DH and I work nights a lot and we found that it helps us sleep better.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We don't do beige and grey, but we also don't like things that are too loud, so no pink either.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:03 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:56 am

DH and I work nights a lot and we found that it helps us sleep better.
Aww, I understand. I worked nights for about 7 years, so I understand. I had blackouts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am We don't do beige and grey, but we also don't like things that are too loud, so no pink either.
What’s left? pastel, green, blue and yellow then?
Locked Previous topicNext topic