Restaurant that doesn't allow children

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 am
Ledina60 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:29 am I would not patronize a restaurant that didn't admit kids. Parents do need to teach their kids how to behave in public but the solution to that is not to deny children to be eat there. We always took our daughter out and she never caused any trouble. Any restaurant can deny service to an individual who is misbehaving, child or adult but to deny service to an entire group of people is always wrong.
Our kids were well behaved and we made sure from when they were very young that we would leave if anyone got loud and fussy. It only happened once because the kids were very tired .
( kids who are tired should be home resting. Not in a restaurant or at Target,..etc.) In the past the majority of families were polite and quiet.

I don’t see that nowadays. I see kids are allowed to have meltdowns. I see mommy and daddy letting it happen. Everywhere.
So- I’m pretty sure I agree that there should be a few adults only restaurants.
(I also think dragging kids shopping with you when they are tired, hungry and not wanting to go shopping is a huge mistake. It results in more meltdowns. Not good. Totally unecessary and inconsiderate)
Just my opinion.
I completely understand what you are saying here. Our kids are and were well behaved at restaurants too, but being young kids at the time, each took the opportunity for a meltdown. In those two cases, they were immediately removed.

I think some meltdowns are almost created when parents over extend what a very young child can handle as far as how long they have been up or gone without eating. Back in my own very young days, there were less meltdowns because we knew there would be consequences there and later at home.

Here is a short story. Not being a perfect parent with imperfect kids, my two girls got into a tiff with each other at McDonalds about 18 months ago when they were 10 and 12 resulting in my 10 year old pouring her drink on her sister. It is funny, but only now; it wasn't then!
😉😆👍🏻
Locked Previous topicNext topic