Restaurant that doesn't allow children

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 pm Keep on destroying the sense of community. The despair isn't high enough.

At one time, American restaurants were White Only. I think the women agreeing with a child ban would support that too.
Well no, because where would I eat?
I don’t think children need to be banned from every restaurant, but it’s nice that their are establishments that aren’t for kids.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it’s a rule they’ve always had, then that’s that. I always research the places I go to first, though, so I would be aware of this rule and not go there with children.
I would definitely enjoy going there for a date night with my husband or a quiet breakfast or lunch with friends. As much as I adore my children and they have always been pretty well behaved in public, I realize that not anybody has to melt over their presence and sometimes it’s ice to have a grown up atmosphere without crying children.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What other dumb assumptions did you make? Can I make some about YOU based on your comment then? Let’s see... any woman who can’t understand that sometimes people want a child free atmosphere is probably one of those mothers who lets her kids misbehave in public and expects that everyone else has to tolerate her precious munchkins. Am I right?
No, I don’t support racial discrimination. Black people don’t bother me at all and fact is, children sometimes do. And I do enjoy a child free atmosphere once in a while. That’s not hateful, or discriminatory, it’s simply a matter of comfort. I don’t see an instance in which I would want a black-free environment, though.
I mean, are you seriously suggesting children should be allowed everywhere adults are allowed?
HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:57 pm Keep on destroying the sense of community. The despair isn't high enough.

At one time, American restaurants were White Only. I think the women agreeing with a child ban would support that too.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:38 pm It’s their business, their choice.

But where the hell do you all live that you run into all these crazy obnoxious kids that just ruin a whole entire night?

In my 47 years of life and 28 years of child rearing, I have only see anything like that a handful of times. Even then my night, meal, whatever wasn’t ruined. Maybe the problem isn’t the children, but the adults who’ve become the sensitive ones.
If you've finally gotten out, put on nice clothes, done your make up and paid a sitter, do you REALLY want to be out enjoying yourself and have to listen to someone's kid wailing? Honestly? Kids cry. Kids scream. Parents can't instantly shut them up. You could stay home for free and hear all that.
My kids were pretty calm and laid back. But if any one of them started wailing, we would leave the restaurant.
There’s no excuse for that.
Loves2sonshines
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 pm Because adults certainly act respectfully these days. These adults are hiding their bigotry behind elitism because so many gullible people believe them. Let's ban disabeled people next; their wheelchairs block the aisle.

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 pm

If parents would make sure that their children behave then they can eat in any restaurant and there wouldn’t have to be an adults only restaurant.
But that’s not how it’s working nowadays, unfortunately.
Dramatic much? There are plenty of restaurants geared towards kids. McDonald's and chick filet have play grounds, chucky cheese, Dave and buster's... etc..I mean get real. Adults are allowed to take an hour for themselves. The world doesnt revolve around children.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Well, I don't want to be around people like you. I think you shouldn't be able to be in my presence. In fact anyone who makes me annoyed should be banished where I want to go.

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm Do you really think it’s okay for kids to go to restaurants with their parents and have meltdowns or just make a lot of rude noise ?
Now days there is an epidemic of badly behaved kids and parents ignoring it , not caring if it bothers others !
I seriously do not think this is a case of “ bigotry” or “ elitism”!!!
Yikes!
It would be such a breath of fresh air , so to speak, for couples to have a peaceful, relaxing meal together and not have to deal with noise!!’
AND if there were any loud obnoxious adults there, I’d leave!
I think a classy upscale restaurant would feature civilized, low key adults. That’s what we want if we go out to eat!
HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:15 pm Because adults certainly act respectfully these days. These adults are hiding their bigotry behind elitism because so many gullible people believe them. Let's ban disabeled people next; their wheelchairs block the aisle.

If parents would make sure that their children behave then they can eat in any restaurant and there wouldn’t have to be an adults only restaurant.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

If I want to take my children to an adult restaurant, then I will. If you can't handle it, you stay home.
Loves2sonshines wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Dramatic much? There are plenty of restaurants geared towards kids. McDonald's and chick filet have play grounds, chucky cheese, Dave and buster's... etc..I mean get real. Adults are allowed to take an hour for themselves. The world doesnt revolve around children.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

You have no credibility.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:54 pm What other dumb assumptions did you make? Can I make some about YOU based on your comment then? Let’s see... any woman who can’t understand that sometimes people want a child free atmosphere is probably one of those mothers who lets her kids misbehave in public and expects that everyone else has to tolerate her precious munchkins. Am I right?
No, I don’t support racial discrimination. Black people don’t bother me at all and fact is, children sometimes do. And I do enjoy a child free atmosphere once in a while. That’s not hateful, or discriminatory, it’s simply a matter of comfort. I don’t see an instance in which I would want a black-free environment, though.
I mean, are you seriously suggesting children should be allowed everywhere adults are allowed?

HandMmom12
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Isn’t that ironic...you’re preaching a society of elitism, and here you go with some yourself. There’s no reason for drama. Don’t believe in kid free restaurants, don’t patronize them. Don’t get on your judgey soap box for those of us that might enjoy a kid free night every now and again.
HaggardWitch wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 pm Well, I don't want to be around people like you. I think you shouldn't be able to be in my presence. In fact anyone who makes me annoyed should be banished where I want to go.

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 pm Do you really think it’s okay for kids to go to restaurants with their parents and have meltdowns or just make a lot of rude noise ?
Now days there is an epidemic of badly behaved kids and parents ignoring it , not caring if it bothers others !
I seriously do not think this is a case of “ bigotry” or “ elitism”!!!
Yikes!
It would be such a breath of fresh air , so to speak, for couples to have a peaceful, relaxing meal together and not have to deal with noise!!’
AND if there were any loud obnoxious adults there, I’d leave!
I think a classy upscale restaurant would feature civilized, low key adults. That’s what we want if we go out to eat!

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:56 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:47 pm
LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:38 pm It’s their business, their choice.

But where the hell do you all live that you run into all these crazy obnoxious kids that just ruin a whole entire night?

In my 47 years of life and 28 years of child rearing, I have only see anything like that a handful of times. Even then my night, meal, whatever wasn’t ruined. Maybe the problem isn’t the children, but the adults who’ve become the sensitive ones.
If you've finally gotten out, put on nice clothes, done your make up and paid a sitter, do you REALLY want to be out enjoying yourself and have to listen to someone's kid wailing? Honestly? Kids cry. Kids scream. Parents can't instantly shut them up. You could stay home for free and hear all that.
My kids were pretty calm and laid back. But if any one of them started wailing, we would leave the restaurant.
There’s no excuse for that.
Yes my sister and I were born the same time your kids were. Parents absolutely didn't allow any of that 40 something years ago. We were never struck ever - but all we needed was a look at we canned it! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic