Did I tell you about my annoying neighbors?

noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I live in an apartment complex. Four of the dozen-or-so buildings are positioned around a court yard. The building that is adjacent to me has two families living next door to each other that seem to have some kind of history because they moved in around the same time and they fight all the time.

Now I'm no stranger to rowdy neighbors because of the area I live in. I rented a house when I was married in a nearby neighborhood-same song and dance, different dance floor, feel me? I know this area, I'm here because its cheap and USUALLY I don't care. And I get it. Apartments are noisy and normal outdoors noise doesn't bother me. Kids yelling, doors slamming, whatever.

But THESE guys are nuts. If they're not fighting, the unit on the left is pulling their Hyundai up to their patio (the buildings are three stories, they're on the ground level) and then letting one of their small children hit the horn. Not once or twice. Oh no. That would be reasonable. I get it. Kids are excited bc the car is pulled up to their home. That's fun! Lets hit the horn. But normal people...they'd stop their kid because they'd realize that it was echoing throughout the entire courtyard.

So anyway, after a few weeks of this happening multiple times a week, at times ranging from 3pm to midnight, with intermittent battles between the people to the right of them, I said something. I didn't go down to them because they seem crazy. So I just yelled down and across the way, nicely, in a light-hearted way, "Hey! Up here? Would you mind not hitting the horn? It's really loud up here!" and I waved. The mother (I assume) waved back. I thought it was good.

Until I walked in and then the horn was just blasting for a good 30 seconds and I went back on my balcony and saw that SHE WAS LEANING INTO THE CAR AND DOING IT HERSELF.

So I took a picture and gave it to the rental office and I guess they said something. You're not supposed to pull your cars up to the balcony even if you're moving. I think it was an actual issue because when I moved in in 2018, they made a point to tell me about it multiple times. I see people do it all the time but I don't think its strictly enforced...until now because those people were a**holes.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Anonymous 1

Unread post

How did the car get in the court yard?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Videotape this everytime the assholes do it and report it to management. Also ask for a print out of the complex rules/infractions and the enforcement they are supposed issue to the tenant.
Also make a note each time, date and who you spoke to when you reported the assholes
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:53 pm How did the car get in the court yard?
The buildings aren’t right up against each other. There’s more than enough space. The front of the buildings face either a street or a parking lot. So they pulled up through the parking lot that my building faces and went straight to their patio and backed up to it.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:15 pm Videotape this everytime the assholes do it and report it to management. Also ask for a print out of the complex rules/infractions and the enforcement they are supposed issue to the tenant.
Also make a note each time, date and who you spoke to when you reported the assholes
They haven’t done it since. I’m guessing the leasing office did something.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

noitsmebecky wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:17 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:15 pm Videotape this everytime the assholes do it and report it to management. Also ask for a print out of the complex rules/infractions and the enforcement they are supposed issue to the tenant.
They haven’t done it since. I’m guessing the leasing office did something.
Give it a few days to a week, assholes never change
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Time to make a move
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I couldn't live like that or have my kids living around stuff like that.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

watch your back.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldnt be able to live in such a trashy place. Gross

Does no one have standards for themselves or their kids on this website?
Locked Previous topicNext topic