What would you take in the car?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We are moving 500 miles away in 1 1/2 weeks.

We have a house there. It doesn’t have a refrigerator.

The plan:

Day1: dd16 and I will get in the car and go to new house

Day2: the dogs will be picked up by a transportation service, the pods will be picked up

Day2 or 3: DH will drive to new house and dogs will be delivered (we don’t know yet what time dogs will be picked up or dropped off - if it’s late on day2, DH will stay here overnight)

Day4: refrigerator delivered to new house

Day7-12: pods will be delivered (5-10 days after pickup- don’t know exact day yet)

So...my question: what would you take in the car on day1?

TLDR: I’m moving. My family isn’t all going at the same time. There won’t be a fridge at the new house for 4 days. Pods could take 10 days for delivery. What do I need to take to survive?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Clothes you will need for a few days. Important papers such as birth certificates etc. Anything you would be devastated to lose in the pods. Example I put my tub that has all of my kids pictures, art work, and awards from throughout the years and my Christmas ornaments I would be so upset to lose. Any medications and your dogs bowls/things.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Important documents, any good china or crystal, clothes, anything with sentimental value, things to keep your daughter and you entertained, and anything that might be damaged by heat while being stored in the pods.

ETA: Unless they were too big to all fit in, I'd have the dogs go in the car.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Something to sleep in and on, cook and eat with, bath, potty, leave the house in.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The important things such as papers, photos, meds, bedding and everything I'd be sleeping on, some dishes, cooler, and animals. I would not ever trust my animals to someone I didn't know. Too risky.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I wouldnt be stupid enough to move into a house with no fridge
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 pm I wouldnt be stupid enough to move into a house with no fridge
Lol did you read the post?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I’d pack a lot like if I was going camping.
Bedding and air mattresses
A few bathroom and kitchen towels
toiletries
clothes
a cooler
Snacks
A few essential kitchen items (some dishes, pans, utensils, coffee maker, etc)
some basic cleaning supplies
anything the dogs need that won’t be traveling with them (such as bowls, food, beds)
stuff for entertainment (books, games, electronics)
Camp chairs, and maybe a small folding table if you have room
Basic first aid kit (antiseptics, band aids, tweezers, Advil) and any medications you need
Anonymous 3

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:54 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:51 pm I wouldnt be stupid enough to move into a house with no fridge
Lol did you read the post?
I did. Fridge won't be there until day four. That is pure stupidity imo
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:54 pm I’d pack a lot like if I was going camping.
Bedding and air mattresses
A few bathroom and kitchen towels
toiletries
clothes
a cooler
Snacks
A few essential kitchen items (some dishes, pans, utensils, coffee maker, etc)
some basic cleaning supplies
anything the dogs need that won’t be traveling with them (such as bowls, food, beds)
stuff for entertainment (books, games, electronics)
Camp chairs, and maybe a small folding table if you have room
Basic first aid kit (antiseptics, band aids, tweezers, Advil) and any medications you need
Exactly this.

Plus emergency cash, a tool kit, duct tape.
Locked Previous topicNext topic