Anxiety over eating? Not being able to eat without a distraction?

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:15 am Some of you women really need to educate yourself about the psychological effects of abuse. The ignorance is sad.
Agreed.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It seems like your kids are more bothered by her getting technology than her getting a book, so let her have a book.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:15 am Some of you women really need to educate yourself about the psychological effects of abuse. The ignorance is sad.
Actually, the ignorance is good. It's very good that cases like this are few and far between, or at least that these women don't know anything about it. Be happy about that and for their children. There is no literal need for them to educate themselves. Thank goodness.
The girl is now 18, and the world is not going to bend for her. Coming up with a compromise is probably the best thing to do.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’d let her read. I let my own kids do stuff at the table. Color, read, even watch a show. I was allowed to do that stuff when I was younger and I don’t feel any compulsion to do it all the time now as an adult.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:12 am You won't like my advice but I'd tell your kids she's trying to work through some anxiety so for the foreseeable future she gets to have a book and they'll live. Sometimes life doesn't appear to be fair when it is and they need to understand. You can always point out she's an adult and they are not. Also maybe she can see a counselor for techniques on dealing with panic attacks.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Poor kid. I'd like to take a baseball bat to your piece of shit brother. I hope that bastard is in jail.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 pm Poor kid. I'd like to take a baseball bat to your piece of shit brother. I hope that bastard is in jail.
Unfortunately no. Emotional abuse is not considered 'actual' abuse by most people in my town
Locked Previous topicNext topic