People are calling me petty and jealous because I dont want the other woman in my house

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have healed. I'm not angry or hurt by it but I don't tolerate disrespect and I don't forget it.

You can forgive and not forget.

My kids are adults
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 am I'm leaning towards agreeing with all of what LiveWhatULove said.

I know you said that it wouldn't matter how many years had passed since this betrayal occurred but honestly, there does come a time when it becomes in your best interest to put this all behind you...completely. Holding onto this may undoubtedly cause you (and maybe even your kids) unnecessary anxiety on more than an occasion or two.

That said, if I were in your shoes, I would probably struggle with this, too. I will be honest and say that if my kid (the graduate) literally despises this woman, I might be inclined to consider honoring his request to not have her present. If I were you, the "ex-wife" in me might not want this woman in my house. The "me-as-a-person" part of me would just want to put this behind me and heal. The "mom" part of me would want to keep my opinions of this woman (and this man) to myself and, when necessary, would tolerate her presence (and his) as a means to teach my kids the value of doing it. The man has a new wife. It should be understood by his children, his ex, and all the people in his life that he will want his wife by his side on the happy occasions of his life. (Yes. You and anyone does have the right to exclude whomever they wish from their home.)

In your story, both this man and this woman slighted you and your kids. It's been 7 years since the slighting. It takes time to let go of the anger and hurt. Having your EX in your presence is an indication that you have healed some. My hope for you is that you heal completely and move on to complete happiness and peace. My hope for your kids is that they see how your "letting go" brought you that happiness and peace.

Remember: Your children are adults in the making. They, too, will one day be in relationships of their own. Hopefully, they will never find themselves in a relationship that causes them to be wounded as you have been. But in the event that they are, you want them to know that they have the power to heal and to be thoroughly happy and content again. Show them how it's done! What you show them now might be the only thing that allows them to one day recoup from their own heartbreak. YOUR strength, YOUR determination, and YOUR full recovery of joy and contentment might be their single source of hope that they can do it, too.

I'm sorry that this man and this woman did to you what they did. Please know that I do not judge you for any choices you've made. It is your life and you should do whatever you need to do to have the joy you deserve. I wish you and your kids the best, OP.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I definitely agree with this.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:46 am
You can forgive and not forget.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 am I'm leaning towards agreeing with all of what LiveWhatULove said.

I know you said that it wouldn't matter how many years had passed since this betrayal occurred but honestly, there does come a time when it becomes in your best interest to put this all behind you...completely. Holding onto this may undoubtedly cause you (and maybe even your kids) unnecessary anxiety on more than an occasion or two.

That said, if I were in your shoes, I would probably struggle with this, too. I will be honest and say that if my kid (the graduate) literally despises this woman, I might be inclined to consider honoring his request to not have her present. If I were you, the "ex-wife" in me might not want this woman in my house. The "me-as-a-person" part of me would just want to put this behind me and heal. The "mom" part of me would want to keep my opinions of this woman (and this man) to myself and, when necessary, would tolerate her presence (and his) as a means to teach my kids the value of doing it. The man has a new wife. It should be understood by his children, his ex, and all the people in his life that he will want his wife by his side on the happy occasions of his life. (Yes. You and anyone does have the right to exclude whomever they wish from their home.)

In your story, both this man and this woman slighted you and your kids. It's been 7 years since the slighting. It takes time to let go of the anger and hurt. Having your EX in your presence is an indication that you have healed some. My hope for you is that you heal completely and move on to complete happiness and peace. My hope for your kids is that they see how your "letting go" brought you that happiness and peace.

Remember: Your children are adults in the making. They, too, will one day be in relationships of their own. Hopefully, they will never find themselves in a relationship that causes them to be wounded as you have been. But in the event that they are, you want them to know that they have the power to heal and to be thoroughly happy and content again. Show them how it's done! What you show them now might be the only thing that allows them to one day recoup from their own heartbreak. YOUR strength, YOUR determination, and YOUR full recovery of joy and contentment might be their single source of hope that they can do it, too.

I'm sorry that this man and this woman did to you what they did. Please know that I do not judge you for any choices you've made. It is your life and you should do whatever you need to do to have the joy you deserve. I wish you and your kids the best, OP.
PinkMartini
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Team you. My ex brother in law cheated on my sister in law, and eventually married the other woman. To this day the new wife is not invited to any family events where my sister in law will be present. This is enforced by her adult children. It has has been more than 20 years since the divorce. My ex brother in law complies with the restriction. My sister in law has been remarried for several years.
CatacombWeaver

Unread post

I don’t care how much time had passed, any woman who had slept with my husband would never be welcome in my home! What a ludicrous notion you are jealous and petty for not laying out the welcome mat for a home wrecker 🙄
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I let my ex parade his little girlfriends in front of me when we first separated. I knew damn well he'd slept with all of them while we were married and it burned me up inside but I'd be damned if I was going to let him or them know it got to me. I wasn't giving either of them the satisfaction of knowing how hurt and angry I was because he'd thrive off of it and let me tell you-its a certain type of woman that goes after a married man and chances are, she'd thrive off it too.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:20 am In my opinion you do sound as though you're petty. I don't think jealous but petty, yes.
flowerfunleah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'm on your side, she can't just expect you to forget what she did just because you and your husband have a civil parenting relationship, she knew what she was doing breaking up a family (as did he, he's just as much at fault) and even though he married her that doesn't entitle her to a relationship with her no matter how cordial.
Locked Previous topicNext topic