Missouri's lone abortion clinic loses license to perform procedure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:35 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:32 pm
Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:14 pm

Abortions are not celebrated.
Oh, but they are!
https://medium.com/honestly-yours/can-w ... 537c9cdd78
This author really believes we should celebrate abortion.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... rtion-song
A song about wanting to give a friend an abortion shower, like mothers-to-be get baby showers.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -new-laws/
Actress and talk show host Busy Philipps has launched the #YouKnowMe campaign to urge women to celebrate their abortions in the face of a raft of restrictive new abortion laws popping up in several states.[/quote

And let's not forget about the #ShoutYourAbortion that went viral just a little while back.

Yes, pema, there are indeed women who want to celebrate their abortions, and want others to do so as well.
Because one author believes they should be and because Breitbart says so. LMAO

Thanks for proving my point and the laugh
Go ahead and pretend to not know about it, that's OK. Soooo many people participated in #ShoutYourAbortion... I admit I didn't know about #YouKnowMe, but apparently that one took off too.

You pretending to not be aware of these VIRAL hashtag campaigns gives ME a laugh!! It really isn't hard to find women celebrating abortion.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:52 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:32 pm

Oh, but they are!
https://medium.com/honestly-yours/can-w ... 537c9cdd78
This author really believes we should celebrate abortion.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... rtion-song
A song about wanting to give a friend an abortion shower, like mothers-to-be get baby showers.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... -new-laws/

Because one author believes they should be and because Breitbart says so. LMAO

Thanks for proving my point and the laugh
Go ahead and pretend to not know about it, that's OK. Soooo many people participated in #ShoutYourAbortion... I admit I didn't know about #YouKnowMe, but apparently that one took off too.

You pretending to not be aware of these VIRAL hashtag campaigns gives ME a laugh!! It really isn't hard to find women celebrating abortion.
Strange circles you participate in.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:43 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:48 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 pm The stereotyping of everything from politics to social platforms is so thick in this country.

I find this clinic potentially losing its license a shame and because as uncomfortable the mere thought the idea of abortion can bring to so many, it's a reality, and it has been for decades (honestly, MUCH longer than that).

And no matter what happens...no matter WHAT transpires as we continue along this trail to have a say-so in the medical rights of others, women WILL continue to get those abortions with or without medical assistance.

They did before and they'll do it again.
I'm not upset about a PP clinic losing it's license. There ARE other places to go to get the same services that any PP provides. I find the blind support for PP mostly naivete, or ignorance. Any service from PP can be received at numerous other places. And yes, women have always got abortions, one way or another, and they will continue to get them regardless of what the law says. But, they never celebrated getting them until here lately. That is what I find the most abhorrent about this, that some women actually celebrate getting abortions.
Celebrating the right to make a very private, personal medical choice for themselves is understandable and should be understandable for all, no matter WHAT that medical procedure might be.

Those using a rhetoric of celebrating an actual abortion are doing so as a push-back to the people calling a woman's right to choose the same as giving a woman the right to murder.

I don't think there is "blind support" for Planned Parenthood. I think a lot of the support comes from those who've actually been to one or know of others who have, who realize the wealth of services PP provides.

Not all services provided at PP are as affordable at these other places than they are at PP, especially for the uninsured.
Well, I do believe that the right to abortion is about as close to the right to murder as you can get! A woman goes in with a living growing baby inside her, and leaves with no baby inside.. that baby is DEAD. It's been murdered. It certainly didn't commit suicide, did it? So, what is it if it isn't a right to murder?

And there are people who blindly support PP, they think that a PP clinic is the ONLY place for a woman to get any care.. and that is just not true.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mother_of_Dragons wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:54 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:52 pm

Strange circles you participate in.
Don't be silly. You know I'm as pro-life as they come. But if it is big enough that even I heard about it, it's big enough that I would bet some MC'ers were right there in the thick of it all, tweeting away.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:02 am

I'm not upset about a PP clinic losing it's license. There ARE other places to go to get the same services that any PP provides. I find the blind support for PP mostly naivete, or ignorance. Any service from PP can be received at numerous other places. And yes, women have always got abortions, one way or another, and they will continue to get them regardless of what the law says. But, they never celebrated getting them until here lately. That is what I find the most abhorrent about this, that some women actually celebrate getting abortions.
Celebrating the right to make a very private, personal medical choice for themselves is understandable and should be understandable for all, no matter WHAT that medical procedure might be.

Those using a rhetoric of celebrating an actual abortion are doing so as a push-back to the people calling a woman's right to choose the same as giving a woman the right to murder.

I don't think there is "blind support" for Planned Parenthood. I think a lot of the support comes from those who've actually been to one or know of others who have, who realize the wealth of services PP provides.

Not all services provided at PP are as affordable at these other places than they are at PP, especially for the uninsured.
Well, I do believe that the right to abortion is about as close to the right to murder as you can get! A woman goes in with a living growing baby inside her, and leaves with no baby inside.. that baby is DEAD. It's been murdered. It certainly didn't commit suicide, did it? So, what is it if it isn't a right to murder?

And there are people who blindly support PP, they think that a PP clinic is the ONLY place for a woman to get any care.. and that is just not true.
Even today, not all OBGYN's will perform abortions in their office or as an outpatient procedure. Too, since insurance companies are tricky on paying for this....IF at all....again, the price tag for this procedure can be costly in a doctor's office that WILL perform one or more, in an outpatient facility.

Not every town, particularly small ones, will have much to offer by way of these types of services.

I am Pro Choice but with limitations on gestational age of the fetus that might be aborted (or will be).

It's easy to get emotions tangled up in how anyone might approach the subject of abortion. Having had a miscarriage at 18 weeks gestation and my husband being allowed to hold the fetus that I ended up having to actually deliver via Pitocin (the baby was still alive at the time my cervix dilated prematurely, and the amniotic sac fell through the dilated cervix intact) and once fetal demise was determined, I still feel those emotions at times after all these years.

I know how hard it is to go through something like this and it's been 25 years almost. One more week and a 1/2, and we would have had been required to have some semblance of a funeral as at THAT time, the age of viability in my state was 20 weeks gestation. A fetus lost through miscarriage at that point or after was considered a stillbirth.

However, while it is understandable to have emotions guide any one of us in this horribly controversial topic, there are realities that cannot be dismissed. Right now and unless the SCOTUS overturns it, abortion is legal in most states. There are people wanting extremes from BOTH sides because...again...emotions are incredibly high.

To cite a woman as a murderer who's made a choice that is probably the most gut-wrenching of her life and for the majority, it is, is heartless yet many label them this way.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:15 am

Even today, not all OBGYN's will perform abortions in their office or as an outpatient procedure. Too, since insurance companies are tricky on paying for this....IF at all....again, the price tag for this procedure can be costly in a doctor's office that WILL perform one or more, in an outpatient facility.

Not every town, particularly small ones, will have much to offer by way of these types of services.

I am Pro Choice but with limitations on gestational age of the fetus that might be aborted (or will be).

It's easy to get emotions tangled up in how anyone might approach the subject of abortion. Having had a miscarriage at 18 weeks gestation and my husband being allowed to hold the fetus that I ended up having to actually deliver via Pitocin (the baby was still alive at the time my cervix dilated prematurely, and the amniotic sac fell through the dilated cervix intact) and once fetal demise was determined, I still feel those emotions at times after all these years.

I know how hard it is to go through something like this and it's been 25 years almost. One more week and a 1/2, and we would have had been required to have some semblance of a funeral as at THAT time, the age of viability in my state was 20 weeks gestation. A fetus lost through miscarriage at that point or after was considered a stillbirth.

However, while it is understandable to have emotions guide any one of us in this horribly controversial topic, there are realities that cannot be dismissed. Right now and unless the SCOTUS overturns it, abortion is legal in most states. There are people wanting extremes from BOTH sides because...again...emotions are incredibly high.

To cite a woman as a murderer who's made a choice that is probably the most gut-wrenching of her life and for the majority, it is, is heartless yet many label them this way.
Thank you for sharing such a painful, personal story.... I also suffered a miscarriage, but it was much different. I could be more supportive of the need for abortions, if they were only for the medical emergencies, for the physical health of the mother.. not just as a form of birth control. When a black baby in NYC has a better chance of being aborted than being born, something is very wrong.
Expand your thinking

Try it.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:25 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:15 am

Thank you for sharing such a painful, personal story.... I also suffered a miscarriage, but it was much different. I could be more supportive of the need for abortions, if they were only for the medical emergencies, for the physical health of the mother.. not just as a form of birth control. When a black baby in NYC has a better chance of being aborted than being born, something is very wrong.
My understanding from both a personal and professional standpoint (long ago, in a galaxy far, far away I worked in the medical field....primarily for OBGYN practices) is that most women do not use abortion as a form of BC. Yes, there are some VERY irresponsible women out there who do, but again, the majority do not.

Not all forms of birth control work effectively. There's always the chance that a form of bc that is touted as "highly effective" and "most women who use it..." have zero issues, there will be women it still does not work well with.

Now in my case, I had been on a birth control pill called Ovcon 35 for over 6 months. There were extending circumstances at the time I was pregnant...mainly that my dad had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and passed away 16 days after diagnosis.

My point is, I followed everything to the letter as far as the bc pill I had been on yet still ended up being pregnant. I was told originally once pregnancy was confirmed that I was only 6 weeks along, The next day, I began losing her, and found out then that I was actually 18 weeks and everything else was going on with me physically as well as her.

There are a lot of heartbreaking stories of women who've gone through so many things and this includes feeling that they had to abort for their own private reasons. I can't and I won't begrudge them. I won't even judge them.

You're very welcome and thank you, too, for sharing. I am so sorry you went through this as well.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:48 pm
29again wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:36 pm
morgan wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Did you even read the article? The licence was revoked because of unsafe dangerous conditions while HAVING ABORTIONS. Do you think abortion clinics should be safe? No?
We're supposed to read articles before we post them??! oooops!

The only reason she has a beef with this Missouri/PP thing is because they have a Rep Gov. So, of course he's evil and doesn't care about the people in his state.... That's the ONLY thing it could possibly be, because they did NOT ban abortion, abortions are still legal and available in Missouri.
I read it all.
Governor Parsons made abortion after 8 weeks ILLEGAL.
I don’t trust him
Or the conservatives in the state in charge.
Planned parenthood is essential for inexpensive exams, advice and birth control.
That’s going to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Parsons should appreciate that.
Or maybe his “ right to life” mindset is anti birth control and pro abstinence for all women , even married ones?😆
PP is not essential.
There are health clinics that provide the same services with similar pay structures.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:12 pm The stereotyping of everything from politics to social platforms is so thick in this country.

I find this clinic potentially losing its license a shame and because as uncomfortable the mere thought the idea of abortion can bring to so many, it's a reality, and it has been for decades (honestly, MUCH longer than that).

And no matter what happens...no matter WHAT transpires as we continue along this trail to have a say-so in the medical rights of others, women WILL continue to get those abortions with or without medical assistance.

They did before and they'll do it again.
Your reply made sense and was just fine until —-you said that some women “celebrate abortions”!
That’s just not true.
In fact it’s an irresponsible, inaccurate and inappropriate statement.
Unbelievable....🙄
Locked Previous topicNext topic