My kids are not Christians. Am I doing something wrong?

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My mother is a hypocritical Christian too. She seems to believe that going to church is what is important but the rest be damned-no she doesn’t believe in adultery or murder but ai can’t remember ever being read the Bible or having scripture quotes growing up. Our boys are baptized and went to private Christian preschool but we don’t subscribe in going to church weekly-and as a result my mother feels as yours does.

Bottom line, you believe what is best for you and yours and don’t worry about what others fee or think!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:08 pm
OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:54 am If that's true girl ill save you a seat bring a few blunts for the ride down. Just bring us some road snacks and we are all good. 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously
Are your kids respectful? Loved? Taken care of? Raised with good morals? Etc? If so then i think you're doing a fine job. I don't even believe in all that religious bs.
My kids are very respectful, have good manners, good morals, etc. They are very good kids. I really caught hell for not letting them attend vacation bible school. According to my mom, I'm not a good person because I buy new age books and believe in "false" information. She cannot stand it! She's really getting on my last nerve though. I'm having to hold my tongue every time I'm around her.

Id put my mom in here place just like i did my dad when he started going back to church
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why do you care what she thinks?

Have you asked her to stop saying the things that are scaring your children? And if so, how has she responded to you when you have?
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sounds like it's past time for you to shut her shit down. She gets on you about not taking your kids to church, get on her about how often she didn't take you so she has ZERO room to talk. Same with the end of days bullshit. ALL of it, EVERY time she opens her mouth. Religion is no longer an acceptable topic of conversation in your house.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I believe that if there are end times we're bringing them upon ourselves. Otherwise I'd tell grandma " look you've made your views known. Frankly I don't want to hear them. Now what can we do about climate change/ what's your views on the presidents latest policy/ oh I meant to tell you what so and so did..."If she won't let it drop walk away.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

No, sounds like you're doing something right by not filling their heads with dogma crap. I would tell your mother to knock it off with that shit if she wants to keep seeing her grandkids though and then enforce it.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

STOP biting your tongue and put that hypocritical bitch in her place then put her ass in TIME OUT for at least 3 months. IF she starts again, then its 1 year TIME OUT.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My oldest is an atheist, has been since 14 or 15. Of the other two, they believe the basic fundamental parts of the Christian faith, like being a good person, but we don’t drag them to church or force religion down their throats. DH is very grounded in his Christian beliefs but he is fine with the kids figuring it out for themselves. I questioned stuff when I was younger and was encouraged by my parents to ask questions. I couldn’t imagine keeping the conversation going with someone who is trying to put the fear of God into my children. I’m sorry that she feels the need to do it, it says more about her than you. She’s scared for herself.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Perhaps your Mom doesn't realize that being a Christian has nothing to do with routinely going to church (or going to church at all).

She needs to stop the fear-mongering and other tactics that so many Evangelicals have used for a very long time to frighten people into believing in God and practicing Christianity.

There are many good Christians out there (I am one of them) who do not attend a house of worship regularly if at all. I'm actually Christian Unitarian and with my city really not having a large amount of Unitarian churches, it's been hard for me to find a church home base.

You're not doing anything wrong.
Locked Previous topicNext topic