My SIL is driving me crazy and really needs to adjust her expectatioms

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sil is about 20 years younger than me and my husband. She was born years after my dh had moved out. They barely know each other. Now SIL is married and has childrem. She continuously calls us whining about how our family is ignoring her. How we never offer to babysit or keep her children,how we never spend holidays with her and how my children have no interest in hers. Of course none of that happens. We live states away from you. How are we going to babysit? Of course we don't spend holidays woth you. We are traveling to see our children and grandchildren. As to my children ignoring their cousins. Why in the hell do you expect grown people with jobs,children of their own and limited vacation time to drop what they are doing and fly across country to attend little Susie"s kinder graduation. How is that even a normal thing to ask? And then get mad about when you are told the answer is no. This woman just needs to adjust her expectations and start making her own little family
Anonymous 2

Unread post

don't expect her to adjust a damn thing...she's delusional....adjust your own reaction to her by saying to her that some counseling would help her immensely with her insecurities about 'family', and where her 'role' is supposed to be.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

*deep sigh *
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If this is true, just stop accepting phone calls from her, block her on your phones, FB, whatever she's doing to bitch.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

How many points did you earn for this whinefest?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Ikr?👻
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:09 am How many points did you earn for this whinefest?
This. I wouldn't want to fly across states for a kindergarten graduation either but if you never see her i can understand her annoyance also. Op just ignore her though you're going to do it anyway. Or here's a thought- maybe invite her to come see YOU.
HaggardWitch
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Only in America do people complain that their families want to be close.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Or you could just block the delusional annoying twit.
How many points did you get....just curious, lololololol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:45 am Or you could just block the delusional annoying twit.
How many points did you get....just curious, lololololol
None
Locked Previous topicNext topic