Can a 15 year old seek medical care

Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:17 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:45 am My experience is that I tried to make a gyn appt for my dd15 & they wouldnt let me. She had to make the appt .

So I would say yes your niece can get medical help but she will need all her ins cards.
Wrong, unless a gyn appt. all other dtrs require parental permission for minors. Parents can still make gyn appts. for minors too, I call BS that they said you couldn't make one for a 15yr old, btw.
I have been making and going to my own appointments since i was 15 years old. Never needed my mom or dad. Maybe it's different where you are. But she is not wrong
Anonymous 9

Unread post

In my state, Oregon, at 15 she would be able to gain all medical care without a parents permission (and at 14, they would be able to get mental health or substance abuse treatment without parent permission). In fact, after my kids turned 15, they had to sign consent forms so that I could get info on them if i were to call/talk to their care providers, nurses, therapists, doctors, etc. Without the signed consent forms, they wouldn't give me any information (even though they are on my insurance). However, I am not sure of the laws in California.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:24 am
OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:50 am And you keep saying your sil is shit..... But where is your brother (or hubbys brother)? Why is he not stepping in and helping his daughter
It's my hubby's sister. Her dad lives in another state and is just as bad as she is.
Then i would definitely be figuring out how to have her stay with me
Unless you know how to make another bedroom suddenly appear at my house I don't see how to make that happen. I would LOVE to take her in but somehow I don't think CPS will accept that shes going to sleep on the couch and live out of a suitcase.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:34 pm

It's my hubby's sister. Her dad lives in another state and is just as bad as she is.
Unless you know how to make another bedroom suddenly appear at my house I don't see how to make that happen. I would LOVE to take her in but somehow I don't think CPS will accept that shes going to sleep on the couch and live out of a suitcase.
Id be giving up my room and moving into the living room. Anything to keep my family safe. But that's just me
Anonymous 10

Unread post

The kid doesn't need a bedroom. You are simply not willing to go the extra mile, you want to help, as long as it's easy for you. The kid needs a stable, safe, loving home. Frankly either you are willing to step up or you aren't
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:15 pm

The kid doesn't need a bedroom. You are simply not willing to go the extra mile, you want to help, as long as it's easy for you. The kid needs a stable, safe, loving home. Frankly either you are willing to step up or you aren't
So CPS will be ok with her on the couch? Because I seriously would be.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:01 pm

Usually they say each child must have a safe place to sleep and a bed. How many kids and bedrooms do you have now?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Usually they say each child must have a safe place to sleep and a bed. How many kids and bedrooms do you have now?
2 kids 3 tiny bedrooms. Like they fit a bed and a dresser and that's about it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Then one of the rooms could fit a bunkbed. Or a trundle bed could fit underneath one of the beds. CPS will also provide you with the trundle bed and mattress or help you with a bunk bed. Plus if cps removes her and a judge approves her staying.with you, then you can receive a monthly stiped, food stamps and Medicaid for the teen.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:42 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Then one of the rooms could fit a bunkbed. Or a trundle bed could fit underneath one of the beds. CPS will also provide you with the trundle bed and mattress or help you with a bunk bed. Plus if cps removes her and a judge approves her staying.with you, then you can receive a monthly stiped, food stamps and Medicaid for the teen.
Sadly because of the angle of the ceiling a bunk bed isn't an option and a trundle bed wouldn't have space to pull out. I could do a narrow fold away bed but I'm not sure if they would allow it. I would be willing to move out of this high cost of living state for her but that takes time.
Locked Previous topicNext topic