Trump faces fresh sexual assault allegation

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, yes.. but I was talking about political candidates. Like, Herman Cain. There was a slew of women who claimed he did this or that (I don't remember what exactly, it wasn't rape, but it was bad.). So, he dropped out rather than fight it and stress his wife even more. And we never heard another word about any of those women, the accusations, nothing. It was like it never even happened. Seems to me that once the candidate drops out of the race, the accusations are retracted..... am I wrong?
hotspice58 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:48 pm Depends. Bill Cosby is in jail.
29again wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:40 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:05 pm

I still maintain it shouldn't be a She said - He said tried in the media.

Every woman who feels she has been assaulted has the right to be heard seriously and her claim investigated and the accused has every right to be considered innocent until found guilty.

It's just so difficult to take people seriously when they only toss out accusations to media and only when it might make a bigger publicity statement than a focus on determining guilt and metering out consequences.

I haven't yet read her story but from all the snippets, this is the first she's accused - in a sensational magazine release.

So while I won't discount immediately because I support President Trump, I'm not going to immediately believe the account because it was put on the cover of a magazine.
So, whatever happened to all those women who accused Herman Cain, and Roy Moore of sexual assaults and improprieties? It seems that once the accused is out of the limelight, nobody really cares if the accusations are investigated or not....
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Herman Cain settled multiple lawsuits for sexual harassment or assault years ago.

29again wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 am Well, yes.. but I was talking about political candidates. Like, Herman Cain. There was a slew of women who claimed he did this or that (I don't remember what exactly, it wasn't rape, but it was bad.). So, he dropped out rather than fight it and stress his wife even more. And we never heard another word about any of those women, the accusations, nothing. It was like it never even happened. Seems to me that once the candidate drops out of the race, the accusations are retracted..... am I wrong?
29again wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:40 pm

So, whatever happened to all those women who accused Herman Cain, and Roy Moore of sexual assaults and improprieties? It seems that once the accused is out of the limelight, nobody really cares if the accusations are investigated or not....
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Did Cain settle personally, or was it the lawyers saying it's better to settle and keep it out of the news than to let this get into court? That is generally what happens, and it doesn't necessarily mean the accused is actually guilty.

Not trying to be bitchy, I just really didn't recall anything after he dropped out.
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 am Herman Cain settled multiple lawsuits for sexual harassment or assault years ago.

29again wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:55 am Well, yes.. but I was talking about political candidates. Like, Herman Cain. There was a slew of women who claimed he did this or that (I don't remember what exactly, it wasn't rape, but it was bad.). So, he dropped out rather than fight it and stress his wife even more. And we never heard another word about any of those women, the accusations, nothing. It was like it never even happened. Seems to me that once the candidate drops out of the race, the accusations are retracted..... am I wrong?

Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The charges happened before he ran for president. He settled because he was guilty.
29again wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:26 am Did Cain settle personally, or was it the lawyers saying it's better to settle and keep it out of the news than to let this get into court? That is generally what happens, and it doesn't necessarily mean the accused is actually guilty.

Not trying to be bitchy, I just really didn't recall anything after he dropped out.
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:00 am Herman Cain settled multiple lawsuits for sexual harassment or assault years ago.

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why did she "eventually make their way into a dressing room"?
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 am
msb64 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 pm She says she might file with NYPD. NYPD has said if she does, they will investigate. She has the clothes she wore that day. I’m waiting to see how this plays out.
That would be really weird if she never washed them like Monica Lewinsky. And good luck NYPD. Trump’s made himself into a mob boss where no one can get near him.
Were Carroll to go to the NYPD, it is by no means certain a case could be mounted, given statute of limitations concerns. New York state removed the five-year statute of limitations for first-degree rape in 2006 but it did not do so retroactively, meaning that all cases that fell before that year – as Carroll’s allegations do – are not freed from the restriction.

That potentially insurmountable roadblock notwithstanding, there are aspects of Carroll’s case that would be of interest to NYPD detectives. She has kept the clothes that she was wearing during the alleged assault in her closet, where they remain unlaundered to this day.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -complaint
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 am Why did she "eventually make their way into a dressing room"?
Teens do that to have S*x. Not sure what grown people were doing.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TBH, that does sound a bit creepy...
I mean, I found Monica Lewinsky hanging on to the semen stained dress she wore kind of creepy and suspicious and that was just hanging on to it for a while. Hanging on to those clothes for 23 years!? I think the oldest thing in my closet is 10 years old... and it’s been washed repeatedly... why on earth would she have the clothes she allegedly wore 23 years before?
I think it would actually be counterproductive to bring those up, just because it’s seriously weird and it will very, very suspicious.
msb64 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 pm She says she might file with NYPD. NYPD has said if she does, they will investigate. She has the clothes she wore that day. I’m waiting to see how this plays out.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 276

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:05 pm TBH, that does sound a bit creepy...
I mean, I found Monica Lewinsky hanging on to the semen stained dress she wore kind of creepy and suspicious and that was just hanging on to it for a while. Hanging on to those clothes for 23 years!? I think the oldest thing in my closet is 10 years old... and it’s been washed repeatedly... why on earth would she have the clothes she allegedly wore 23 years before?
I think it would actually be counterproductive to bring those up, just because it’s seriously weird and it will very, very suspicious.
I don't know if it's weird or not. My first thought was why didn't she throw the clothes away. She told two friends after the alleged rape and one tried very hard to get her to go to the police and the other talked her out of it. Perhaps she kept them as a reminder of what happened to her? If they have semen on them, it could be her "proof" that she was raped? She also claims that she has not had S*x with anyone since the alleged rape. I think she is damaged - but rape can do that to someone.
Deleted User 473

Unread post

It really doesn't matter since 45 is above the law.
Locked Previous topicNext topic