They aren't giving up on the child they know what they can't handle.

anon

Unread post

One of the accounts I follow on Instagram a woman has a daughter who has a very rare disorder. Her daughter has physical and metal disabilities. Her mom has been very frank about how they have many doctors appointments, she needs an expensive special diet, many therapies, a special school and so on. She recently posted of a baby who was born with the same rare disorder as her daughter and the parents put her up for adoption and how they were looking for adoptive parents for the child. The woman wrote about how she was grateful the parents knew they couldn't handle her and gave her up for a better life. Some others concurred but then you had those who said the parents were selfish how they only wanted a perfect healthy baby and how it must be nice just to give up on your own child because they weren't perfect. I wouldn't be able to handle a special needs like that and I know I wouldn't be able too.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So funny how people who were never faced with that can be so condescendingly sure they would never do the same thing.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 pm So funny how people who were never faced with that can be so condescendingly sure they would never do the same thing.
Exactly.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What someone does or doesn't do isn't my concern. If anyone wants to judge let them adopt the child.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:26 pm So funny how people who were never faced with that can be so condescendingly sure they would never do the same thing.
Agreed
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

I dunno. On the one hand, it's a good thing that the option to seek adoptive parents in that case... on the other, I don't think it's fair that the parents walk away scot-free while others are forced to shoulder the financial burden. They should have to pay some kind of support for their child to help defray the costs at least a little bit.
anon

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm I dunno. On the one hand, it's a good thing that the option to seek adoptive parents in that case... on the other, I don't think it's fair that the parents walk away scot-free while others are forced to shoulder the financial burden. They should have to pay some kind of support for their child to help defray the costs at least a little bit.
That may cause the parents to keep the children and then they might treat them badly or kill them because of the resentment.
AliKat
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If someone is willing to adopt the kid, obviously they know what kind of financial burden they are taking on. So no, the bio parents shouldn’t be required to pay them anything. If they don’t think they can handle the financial responsibility, they shouldn’t adopt that child.
Diamepphyre wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm I dunno. On the one hand, it's a good thing that the option to seek adoptive parents in that case... on the other, I don't think it's fair that the parents walk away scot-free while others are forced to shoulder the financial burden. They should have to pay some kind of support for their child to help defray the costs at least a little bit.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That doesn't really make sense. Why should that be the case? I don't think this is any different from giving up a healthy child.

The people who choose to adopt a sick child obviously know what they're signing up for. If that's not something that they're able or willing to handle, they shouldn't adopt that particular child.

Unread post

Exactly this
Locked Previous topicNext topic