How do you tell someone you have been catfishing them?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My younger sister admitted to me today that she has been catfishing a guy for about 6 months. She said they met on whisper and she figured it would go nowhere and they would stop talking after a few days. She said her post on whisper was about needing someone to be a friend and to talk to and laugh with. They exchanged pics and she sent a pic of a girl that isnt her. She says she talks to a lot of people on their randomly and she is afraid of creepers. Now it has been 6 months and she says that they are really close and he wants to be with her and they say they love each other

I asked her how she even let that happen. She said that it went from texting eachother memes all day to having conversations through text and then lead to talking to him on the phone. She said she didnt know what to do but keep sending him pictures of this other girl. She said she doesnt do it very much but he thinks that is her and it isnt.

She said she never meant for any of it to happen and she thought about just ghosting him 100 times to make things easier for herself. She asked for advice on how to tell him because she thinks being honest with him is right.

I told her I would think about it but honestly have no idea what advice to give. I know I am going to tell her that she should see a therapist or something because catfishing isnt normal and I think there might be some other issues involved. I told her to just tell them she needs to talk to him and tell him she has been lying about who she is and she is sorry. She said she doesnt think it is that easy.

Anyone have any advice? This is all new territory for me
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Did she actually lie about “who she is” or just about what she looks like?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Donnie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:39 pm Did she actually lie about “who she is” or just about what she looks like?
She said she has not been completely truthful about who she is. I am not sure how extensive the lies are about who she is besides that she 100% lied about what she looks like
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Is your sister an unattractive cow that sent him pics of a slim beautiful woman?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm Is your sister an unattractive cow that sent him pics of a slim beautiful woman?
She isnt an unattractive cow. I honestly think she looks better than the girl she used. Part of me whats to say it wont matter because she looks better but that wouldnt help the situation at all lol

She just doesnt like giving out pictures of herself to random people and by the time they became friends she had already sent the picture of the random girl
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:53 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:51 pm Is your sister an unattractive cow that sent him pics of a slim beautiful woman?
She isnt an unattractive cow. I honestly think she looks better than the girl she used. Part of me whats to say it wont matter because she looks better but that wouldnt help the situation at all lol

She just doesnt like giving out pictures of herself to random people and by the time they became friends she had already sent the picture of the random girl
Then she can say she sent pics of the other woman to see if he was only attracted to her alleged looks (the other womans appearance or looks). If she is actually prettier than the other woman, this the only way to salvage the relationship
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It is "that easy" to just come out and say what she was dishonest about. She just doesn't like the consequences she might get for it.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Send a real photo and say this is really me. See how he reacts.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:48 am Send a real photo and say this is really me. See how he reacts.
Exactly.

There's no other way around it. If he doesn't want to deal with her anymore, she can't blame him.

But if he's still interested, they can start fresh.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Cheaters never prosper.
I hope he's a huge liar too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic