What medication was it?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:54 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 pm I would let my doctor know. Do yu need to be on medication? Is there something else you can take?
I have horrible insomnia. That's why my dr prescribed it. Not for depression. To be honest it didn't help me sleep anyway.
Instead of the meds I've been taking a low dose of melatonin which helps but some nights I'm still up til about 3 am when i have to be up at 6. And i try to tire out my body and mind before i go to bed.
ok. I take 10mg of melatonin. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Danesmommy1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 pm Please... Anecdotal evidence of your stray thought hardly holds up. Anti depressants have literally saved my life time and time again for 20+ years.
Sorry if i offended you. All i said was i hope nobody else feels like that on them.
I'm glad it helps you.
And just because i had one stray thought doesnt mean other people arent out there having the same kinds of thoughts.
It was the post about the guy that killed his kids that made me think of it.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My husband had weird reactions to both antidepressants and anxiety meds. He got them from his regular doctor after what I call his midlife crisis. He just woke up one morning and decided he didn't understand his feelings and this feeling of dark and despair hanging over him. He thought it was me and that he didn't want to be with me anymore out of the blue after 18 years. He just wasn't himself out of the blue. I urged him to at least talk to his doctor because he has a family history of depression and bipolar. He got much worse after starting meds he would go to work and they would send him home because he would just randomly freak out and start crying... Mind you I've never seen him cry other than when his grandpa and mom died. He's just not the type of guy that cries. They finally took him off the meds the last Lexapro was the worst. He had severe withdrawls after only taking them a few weeks. He's much better now and dosent have those feelings anymore I'm glad I stuck by his side and realized it was depression talking. Point of my long story the side effects are often worse than the original issue. He changed his positron at work to a lower stress job and most of his anxiety went away. I would talk with you doctor about the side effects.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Call your doc next time. You're not suppose to just stop taking pills like that, or it could be even worse.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:59 pm What medication was it?
Generic wellbutrin.
It gave me this something stuck in my throat feeling as well as a mild but incessant headache. Blurred vision at times.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 pm You are supposed to contact your doctor if you have thoughts like that while on antidepressants. If I were you I’d call first thing in the morning.
I didn't know that. It was over a month ago now and i feel physically and mentally fine. I havent had a single dark thought like that since then.
I'll call her and let her know though. Ive always been terrified of taking meds like that because of all the horrible side effects.
Either way your dr should know about it, also if the med wasn’t working the way it should have. Was this just a regular dr or a psychiatrist? Usually meds take adjustment or trying different ones. My daughter takes Prozac for anxiety, it’s something that has made a huge difference in her quality of life a lot of people have issues with it. Her dr did a dna test called genesight that helped him pick a med that would work best for her.
Were you not supposed to go back for check ins to make sure everything was ok? We had biweekly then monthly visits to check on how things were progressing.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 pm Please retitle as "dangers of making medical decisions based on random, non-evidence based anecdotes from anonymous strangers online."
What are you talking about?
Are you that dim?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:39 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 pm Please retitle as "dangers of making medical decisions based on random, non-evidence based anecdotes from anonymous strangers online."
What are you talking about?
Are you that dim?
No. You just make that little sense.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

It is impossible to distinguish causation from a coincidental correlation based on one person’s experience.

You may be trying to warn people, but can harm in the process, as you provide unfounded, incorrect rationale which could serve as a motive for someone to stop their medications, who desperately needs them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic