HGTV Home "Give Away"

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:54 pm I've entered rhat contest since it began in 2003 or 2004. Actually you need around 1.5 million expendable cash or access to that much cash to cover everything .
LOL they should change the title of the sweepstakes to chapter 11 give away :lol:
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:02 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:54 pm I've entered rhat contest since it began in 2003 or 2004. Actually you need around 1.5 million expendable cash or access to that much cash to cover everything .
LOL they should change the title of the sweepstakes to chapter 11 give away :lol:
Right?? But thats not as appealing or marketable as HGTV Home Giveaway, lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm If I won, I'd just flip it and sell it. Speaking of HGTV, does anybody remember the name of that crazy reno show that would do crazy shit to people's home like attach an airplane to it or turn the inside to look like castle or a pirate's ship?
Hmm, I cant recall anything like that. There was this one show I used to watch, I think it was either love it or list it, or flip or flop. I would watch it to see the reactions of the homeowners. A lot of the time they would do a good job, but there were sometimes where the homeowner would absolutely hate what they did and some of them didnt hold back. There was this one episode that had me in tears because she walked in to the house and immediately started to cry. The host was like " you love it?" and the lady was like "No! I hate it! Its just awful!". It was, the interior decor was really poorly designed. :lol:
Anonymous 1

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:10 pm They have a whole YouTube video about this. I just watched it recently, lol. I still enter though because whatever, lol.
I am really interested in watching this now. Do you remember the name of the video? If not I will do a google search. I think I am going to enter anyway because the chances of me winning is extremely low. I also read where the last winner, or maybe the winner before last, was able to take a cash option. It was only 1/3 of the actual prize amount, but he still made out with a pretty good chunk of change. I think it was 1.7 million. so he probably made off with a little less than a million to spend. Not bad.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:09 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:56 pm If I won, I'd just flip it and sell it. Speaking of HGTV, does anybody remember the name of that crazy reno show that would do crazy shit to people's home like attach an airplane to it or turn the inside to look like castle or a pirate's ship?
Hmm, I cant recall anything like that. There was this one show I used to watch, I think it was either love it or list it, or flip or flop. I would watch it to see the reactions of the homeowners. A lot of the time they would do a good job, but there were sometimes where the homeowner would absolutely hate what they did and some of them didnt hold back. There was this one episode that had me in tears because she walked in to the house and immediately started to cry. The host was like " you love it?" and the lady was like "No! I hate it! Its just awful!". It was, the interior decor was really poorly designed. :lol:
No this show was at least 12-15 years old, I think.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:08 pm

No that was different. It was on around the same period that Trading Spaces was on though.
Extreme makeover home edition.
Wasn't that the one that Ty Pennington hosted where they picked a poor family and renovated this amazing house that they couldn't afford to keep up?
Yes, that's the one I thought you were talking about. I was going to suggest it but I wasn't quick enough. He always annoyed me especially when he talked about his "special project ".
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:58 pm That was the problem with that extreme home makeover show. Most people ended up moving out within a year because they couldn't afford the property taxes.
I've heard that was the problem with whatever show fixed up houses for people. They couldn't afford the upkeep once the tax man and the insurance guy came around to raise rates. If I won the house I'd just sell it or see if they give a cash value. .
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:54 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Extreme makeover home edition.
Wasn't that the one that Ty Pennington hosted where they picked a poor family and renovated this amazing house that they couldn't afford to keep up?
Yes, that's the one I thought you were talking about. I was going to suggest it but I wasn't quick enough. He always annoyed me especially when he talked about his "special project ".
Im not sure on how true this is but years ago they built one of their homes in my hometown just a couple streets away from my mother's house. My mother's neighbor said she met Ty while they were shooting there and he was a real ass. Also, I remember coming over to my mom's house a few times and she and I would go peak over the fence to watch the "action". It was not at all how they made it seem on the show. I don't even think the guys on the show was there the whole time. I could be wrong, Im just speaking on what I perceived, but I hardly saw them on the scene. It was funny to see the people rehearse their cheers for the family a day before the homeowners showed up. It took them one long afternoon to get all the people to cheer right for the camera lol.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:22 pm
famousglm714 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:10 pm They have a whole YouTube video about this. I just watched it recently, lol. I still enter though because whatever, lol.
I am really interested in watching this now. Do you remember the name of the video? If not I will do a google search. I think I am going to enter anyway because the chances of me winning is extremely low. I also read where the last winner, or maybe the winner before last, was able to take a cash option. It was only 1/3 of the actual prize amount, but he still made out with a pretty good chunk of change. I think it was 1.7 million. so he probably made off with a little less than a million to spend. Not bad.
*not sure why anon
I added a pic because I don’t remember if we can share links for YouTube. Apparently it mentions other HGTV shows but I know for sure they touched on the exact issues you mentioned. I figure on the off chance I win maybe my boss (real estate lawyer) can finagle something, lol.
Attachments
B2D2C417-9502-4708-AA56-B7A46C3FDB94.jpeg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:22 pm
*not sure why anon
I added a pic because I don’t remember if we can share links for YouTube. Apparently it mentions other HGTV shows but I know for sure they touched on the exact issues you mentioned. I figure on the off chance I win maybe my boss (real estate lawyer) can finagle something, lol.
Thank you! I'll put this in my que to watch tonight :).
And thats a pretty good plan! I dont know anyone in real estate so I'll have to take cash or opt out lol. Good luck to you!
Locked Previous topicNext topic