Texas school board votes to fire teacher who asked Trump to deport undocumented students

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:00 pm
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:44 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:40 pm

In Fort Worth every child has the right to a public education regardless of immigration status.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 40908.html
Yet it's illegal to be in the US illegally.

Just more reason why we need a complete overhaul. Our current system makes no sense.
Our laws are fucked in the head - no doubt.
Worse than that - we don't even follow them when we (Democrats) don't want to

Example, King Barack Hussein not following even the slightest bit of law and creating the DACA out of thin air.

The Law - Hey the law says that those illegals are supposed to be deported -
BHO - f**k the law.
Well he had a pen and a phone tho.
KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you seriously comparing undocumented immigrants to child abusers?
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:37 pm

I suppose teachers should also mind their own business when they suspect a student is abused.
In Fort Worth every child has the right to a public education regardless of immigration status.
Fort Worth school trustees voted in favor of a resolution that declares the district “welcoming and safe” for all students, regardless of their immigration status.

Under the resolution, the district will “strive to create the safest possible environments for its students and employees … free of insecurity and fear.” The resolution references the district’s anti-discrimination policy and the 1982 U.S. Supreme Court decision that all children, including those without an immigration status, are entitled to a public education.

Just more reason why we need a complete overhaul. Our current system makes no sense.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
TheReluctantHippie
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

You say the most bizarre and illogical things...
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:37 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:35 pm hopefully she doesn't make her way to Florida. Texas can keep her. I understand the immigration problem is frustrating. I'm sure it's hard to teach when many students struggle with English and a different culture. But The immigration status of her students isn't her business.
I suppose teachers should also mind their own business when they suspect a student is abused.
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She is comparing laws that some want us to ignore versus ones that some want us to enforce.

Either the US is a country of laws or we are not.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm Are you seriously comparing undocumented immigrants to child abusers?

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, here’s the law for you:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Like other children, undocumented students are obliged under state law to attend school until they reach a mandated age
http://www.k12.wa.us/MigrantBilingual/I ... ights.aspx

And actually...
As a result of the Plyler ruling, public schools may not:
Require students or parents to disclose or document their immigration status.
Make inquiries of students or parents that may expose their undocumented status.
Require social security numbers from all students, as this may expose undocumented status.
So I guess that teacher was breaking the law...
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm She is comparing laws that some want us to ignore versus ones that some want us to enforce.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm Are you seriously comparing undocumented immigrants to child abusers?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Whosh

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:29 pm Well, here’s the law for you:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Plyler vs. Doe (457 U.S. 202 (1982)) that undocumented children and young adults have the same right to attend public primary and secondary schools as do U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Like other children, undocumented students are obliged under state law to attend school until they reach a mandated age

And actually...
Make inquiries of students or parents that may expose their undocumented status.
Require social security numbers from all students, as this may expose undocumented status.
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:24 pm She is comparing laws that some want us to ignore versus ones that some want us to enforce.

“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I didn’t expect a more thought out reply from you 😂
I’m actually surprised you bothered to reply at all!
Billie.jeens wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:36 pm Whosh

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:29 pm Well, here’s the law for you:

And actually...

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Are you seriously picking and choosing which United States laws you wish to follow? Oh wait...

KAG
Mean Girl
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OMG, when will you make any sense? 😂
BTW, undocumented children have a right to an education. I’m sure you’re pissed that these disgusting brown kids have “rights” in America... but it is what it is.
morgan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:38 pm Are you seriously picking and choosing which United States laws you wish to follow? Oh wait...

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And that's why Trump will win in 2020.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic