We are taking a year long honeymoon

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DH and I never got a honeymoon after we got married. We had a nice one planned but due to illness and death in the family we missed it. We always said "next year we will go on our honeymoon" but then life happened. New jobs, having kids, taking care of elderly relatives, and just life happened.

Last year DH said "don't worry babe we will take our honeymoon next year". I told him that we should really just do it. We talked about where we wanted to go. Hawaii was originally where we were going to go so we decided why not go there. But over the years we have wanted to go to so many places that we have never made it to. We have gone on some cool family vacation but "backpacking through Europe" was never one of them.

We made a list of all the places we could go if we could and we decided to just make it happen. We have so much in savings for vacations we wanted to take but just couldnt. We are going to take them all at once. We are hitting all 7 continents and will be having a few "staycations" at/near home to be able to see out kids and cool off and relax but we are taking the year off and taking our extra long honeymoon. Our vacation fund will probably be gone by the end of it but we are so excited.

We love traveling but mostly have only be able to do it within the US and with kids. Now we get to do it just as a couple. I am so excited. We leave next week and wont be back in the states for 3 months. It is going to be a change but I just cant wait. Sorry for all the "bragging" I am just so excited that we are finally doing it. We have spent the last 25 years really caring for others and now we are going to care for ourselves and each other and do all those things we have always wanted.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your careers will let you just randomly take a year off?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sounds like fun! Hope you guys have a great time!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:32 am Your careers will let you just randomly take a year off?
Yes. DHs work was a little harder to deal with it but they are cool with it. He will be mostly unpaid but that's okay
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dh and I are planning a year vacation too. But we’re going to do ours when we retire. Hope you have a blast!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have fun.

I now have an advertisement for Iceland Air at the top of my screen. :lol:
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sounds wonderful.. have a great time.
Take lots of pics- you know we love pics....or it didn’t happen..lol!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

How old are your kids?
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Good for you guys!
Myself, I don't enjoy traveling. I like to stay in my little bubble, lol.
Have fun!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 am How old are your kids?
19, 21, and 22
Locked Previous topicNext topic