Feeling anxious about Tuesday

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Tuesday is when I go to get my 2 back molars pulled on my left side. There is no saving them. Truthfully I was told over a year ago they had to go but because I have dental anxiety I did not go.

Now they have to come out. I was given antibiotics but idk if they worked though my tooth does hurt way less now. It hurts sometimes but not as bad.

My worry is the drugs they give me will hurt the baby. They have a list of approved drugs from my doctor. I don't know what they'll use. I know lidocaine and laughing gas are on the list but I don't remember what else.

I just have a fear it'll kill the baby or something. But the alternative is let the infection come back/get worse which can also kill him.

If I wasn't pregnant I'd be fine. It's just the worry for the baby. I have a quick ultrasound on the 20th to check something they saw last time but it's not an in depth one. I just have a fear we'll get there and they'll say oh he no longer has a heartbeat.

I'm 22 weeks now. I'll be 23 weeks when I go on Tuesday.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm sure it will all be fine. You're not the first pregnant woman to have teeth removed. Just focus on how much better you'll feel after it.

Unread post

I had to have three pulled with novacaine. But they were loose already. I've got gum disease and just couldn't keep those teeth any longer. I would imagine as long as you don't do sedation you'll be fine.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Bump.
LuluJa
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I understand the worry, but you’ll be fine. If the dentist is well experienced and knows what he is doing, don’t worry so much. Update us on how it goes.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do you have someone that can go with you to help keep you calm. I completely understand your fears.
i want candy!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:54 am Do you have someone that can go with you to help keep you calm. I completely understand your fears.

DH will be with me.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Has the oral surgery been cleared by your obgyn?
If so I wouldn't worry. Knowing the little I know about you though I'd definitely say it's been cleared by your obgyn.
You and baby are going to be fine!
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I think your fears are natural but I also think everything is going to be fine. Deep breaths, okay?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 am Has the oral surgery been cleared by your obgyn?
If so I wouldn't worry. Knowing the little I know about you though I'd definitely say it's been cleared by your obgyn.
You and baby are going to be fine!
Yes, she even said sometimes the laughing gas is used during labor though like I said I don't know what they'll use tomorrow.
Locked Previous topicNext topic