Who's right, me or my sister?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I eat a certain food and it rips my stomach apart, but I like to eat it. I can understand your moms situation. I would be okay with her decision to eat what she wants on that one day she gets out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think both of you have valid points. I personally would encourage my mother to eat healthy. However the woman has a lot of problems and I'd hate to deprive an rare fun meal out. The fast food should be a rare treat.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why don't you arrange the trip so you get the food on the way home, and she can be at home when she eats. That way if she has any digestive problems she is able to care for herself in comfort and privacy.

If this is happening, it is most likely going to get worse and at some point she will have a bad experience in public.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:05 am Why don't you arrange the trip so you get the food on the way home, and she can be at home when she eats. That way if she has any digestive problems she is able to care for herself in comfort and privacy.

If this is happening, it is most likely going to get worse and at some point she will have a bad experience in public.
I do try and have lunch closer to the end of running around but sometimes she'll suddenly remember something else she wants to do. I also tried to discourage the worst of fast food places. This month it was Arby's for a corn beef sandwich (she did get fries and a milkshake) and this weekend, we went to Denny's for breakfast food. Not the best but certainly not the worst.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

If I make it to be almost 80, none of my children better pull something like that. I'll eat what I darn well please.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:40 am If I make it to be almost 80, none of my children better pull something like that. I'll eat what I darn well please.
That's exactly how my Mom feels. Unfortunately, she doesn't really get a say when she has to rely on one of us to drive her around.
Thunderbug75
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Ok ... I get both sides, actually all three sides. Your mom is a grown adult who should be able to eat what she wants. Your sister is trying to help your moms quality of life. And you want to respect your mom's wishes and treat her every two weeks. Everyone has a point.

When I'm 80 and I want a greasy burger my son better damn well get me a burger. And heaven help him if he tries to deny a Shamrock Shake ! Enough said.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Both are right and both are wrong. So you do what you want when you have her and she will do what she wants when she has her. Simple.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Team you. She's 80 years old. If she wants a damn hamburger, let her have her damn hamburger.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Your mother is not a child. Your sister is very wrong to treat her like one.
Locked Previous topicNext topic