I let the kids swim in their clothes. My mom is freaking out about it.

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The chlorine in the pool will destroy their clothes after awhile. Maybe that's why she has an issue with it?

winterglow
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm The fabric they're wearing isn't meant for the chemicals in the pool. But whatever
Also, if they've been wearing those clothes all day, just think of the extra bacteria they're taking into the water with them ... OK, so you can add extra chemicals but who wants to do that when there's an easy way of avoiding it?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:43 pm
leadfoot40 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:30 pm Do they own swimsuits?
Yes
So they’re just too lazy to change clothes.
Or she's too lazy to make them change.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can think of many reasons not to do that, but your kids, your problem, not mine. I don’t think it’s a big deal to tell kids “just put on a bathing suit”.
I can understand their grandmother having concerns and telling you, she has a right to that. You have a right to ignore it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
JulesFairy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

You do you...
I do find it strange that it isn't ruining their clothes though. Unless it isn't a chlorinated swimming pool. I have ruined clothes when got shoved in and got right back out, I can't imagine them holding up to repeated swimming.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Chlorine will fade the clothing big time. My kid’s own swim suits. Swimming in clothing isn’t comfortable at all.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Chlorine, fabric or whatever; as long as they are not in danger they will remember that mom let us go swimming in our clothes and laugh about it as a memory when they are adults.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Oh yay another “parent” that wants to be the cool mom and kids best friend. Ridiculous.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

winterglow wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:38 am
jas wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm The fabric they're wearing isn't meant for the chemicals in the pool. But whatever
Also, if they've been wearing those clothes all day, just think of the extra bacteria they're taking into the water with them ... OK, so you can add extra chemicals but who wants to do that when there's an easy way of avoiding it?
And then all of the lint coming off of the clothes and choking the hell out of your filter. Cloth in the pool is terrible on the equipment.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm
winterglow wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:38 am
And then all of the lint coming off of the clothes and choking the hell out of your filter. Cloth in the pool is terrible on the equipment.
Which is why I always use my hot tub or pool nude. No killing the filter.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic