I let the kids swim in their clothes. My mom is freaking out about it.

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 pm Why? You are at your house, why not put a bathing suit on? My husband is huge on swimming safety, our kids are strong swimmers but he won't allow that. Regular clothing absorbs water differently and is more likely to get caught or wrapped on something.
Because there’s no reason to not just let them jump in. There’s not enough fabric to get wrapped around anything and the weight difference is negligible. It’s basketball shorts and leggings, they can swim just fine in them.
Cotton fabric stretches an amazing amount. A tshirt and leggings are not safe to swim in. Plus, if they are just running around the lawn and jump in spontaneously, that means they are also wearing shoes, which are even less safe to swim in and they aren't following other pool safety rules like not running next to a pool, never run and jump because you don't know if you will have a safe landing, and always ask an adult before going swimming.
Safety aside, it's also really bad for your clothes and for your pool. The fabric particles also can clog the filter system and clothing that aren't swimwear can mess with the ph and chemical levels of the pool.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:52 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:49 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm

And then all of the lint coming off of the clothes and choking the hell out of your filter. Cloth in the pool is terrible on the equipment.
Which is why I always use my hot tub or pool nude. No killing the filter.
DH and I always use the pool nude when the kids aren't around. But I don't think my teen boys would appreciate seeing nude old Mom in the pool. ;)
I get that. I don't do it when Kidlet and company want to use the pool. I will use it after them.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic