I let the kids swim in their clothes. My mom is freaking out about it.

Anonymous 8

Unread post

That’s not something I would allow, but my kids are generally in cotton, and cotton gets very heavy when it’s wet.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd personally be concerned about what the chlorine would do to their clothes but whatever.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:02 am This whole thing seems like a recipe for disaster. They swim in clothes and jump in the pool while running around so obviously they don't have ask permission to swim, and in general you seem to lack concern for basic pool safety. You are setting them up for dangerous behaviors and teaching them unsafe pool rules.
This. My kids are old enough to use the pool without us right there but they have to be together and they have to let us know they are getting in BEFORE they get in. So if they are stopping to let us know they might as well take the two minutes it takes to change into trunks.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

The level of chlorine required for a pool is damaging to clothes. If you want to waste money by letting them wear clothes in the pool that you have to replace sooner, then it's your money. But it's stupid and wasteful.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:49 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:01 pm
winterglow wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:38 am

Also, if they've been wearing those clothes all day, just think of the extra bacteria they're taking into the water with them ... OK, so you can add extra chemicals but who wants to do that when there's an easy way of avoiding it?
And then all of the lint coming off of the clothes and choking the hell out of your filter. Cloth in the pool is terrible on the equipment.
Which is why I always use my hot tub or pool nude. No killing the filter.
DH and I always use the pool nude when the kids aren't around. But I don't think my teen boys would appreciate seeing nude old Mom in the pool. ;)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Sometimes, mom is just wrong.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:51 pm The level of chlorine required for a pool is damaging to clothes. If you want to waste money by letting them wear clothes in the pool that you have to replace sooner, then it's your money. But it's stupid and wasteful.
I have to replace their clothes every year because they grow out of them. And honestly, they're not even faded when we give them to goodwill.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:47 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:02 am This whole thing seems like a recipe for disaster. They swim in clothes and jump in the pool while running around so obviously they don't have ask permission to swim, and in general you seem to lack concern for basic pool safety. You are setting them up for dangerous behaviors and teaching them unsafe pool rules.
This. My kids are old enough to use the pool without us right there but they have to be together and they have to let us know they are getting in BEFORE they get in. So if they are stopping to let us know they might as well take the two minutes it takes to change into trunks.
They do have to ask before they swim, I usually say "go ahead" and they jump in.
These are not all that different from trunks anyways:
thumb.jpg
thumb.jpg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 42 times
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nvl0707 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 11:51 am Oh yay another “parent” that wants to be the cool mom and kids best friend. Ridiculous.
What are you talking about? I'm actually pretty strict about most things, but they are allowed to be spontaneous and have fun.
My kids will be the first to tell you that I am the complete opposite of "cool".
nmkj
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Tell granny to stfu.
Locked Previous topicNext topic