Some times foster care is worse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:04 pm They will also remember starving and wearing ratty clothing to school.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:51 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm Any “parent” who can’t afford to take care of their children shouldn’t have them. Isn’t that basic logic?

Being on wrlfare doesn't mean the child should be placed in foster care. There is more to being a parent than money. No kid is going to remember what they had, they going to remember if they were loved and cared for.
My parents were dirt poor. I remember times when all we had to eat was gravy and fried bread but you know. I was happy and i don't have any resentment towards my parents. I remember wearing mission clothes from the free box but once again i was happy.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Love doesn’t pay the bills. It doesn’t buy happiness, either. But children require basic necessities. If the parent scant provide those, they aren’t parents, Uncle Sam is.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 pm Providing for a child’s needs are the most basic form of parenting. If someone can’t do that, that person is unfit to have a child.
Being on wrlfare doesn't mean the child should be placed in foster care. There is more to being a parent than money. No kid is going to remember what they had, they going to remember if they were loved and cared for.
I disagree. Let me tell you a story. I grew up diet poor. Raised by my daddy and step mom. Dad worked at a used tire shop, step mom worked at diary queen. My daddy had to pawn his car title to get me school clothes and again to buy Christmas. But i was loved and happy. I knew q girl in high school. Family had money. 2 story home they owned, name brand clothes , she had her own phone line in her bedroom. But she was miserable. She hated her life. Me the girl who was dirt poor talked her the rich girl out of running away from home. She didn't think her parents loved her. Money doesn't make someone a parent. It is loving your kids. There are plenty of poor parents who ate excellent parents and a lot of rich parents who are crappy parents.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And this is exactly why there are social programs! Food stamps, wic, section 8, child care partnerships etc. But God forbid a struggling parent utilize them, right? Instead let’s place an other wise healthy and happy child in care when their parents only crime is poverty.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:48 pm Love doesn’t pay the bills. It doesn’t buy happiness, either. But children require basic necessities. If the parent scant provide those, they aren’t parents, Uncle Sam is.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 pm Providing for a child’s needs are the most basic form of parenting. If someone can’t do that, that person is unfit to have a child.

I disagree. Let me tell you a story. I grew up diet poor. Raised by my daddy and step mom. Dad worked at a used tire shop, step mom worked at diary queen. My daddy had to pawn his car title to get me school clothes and again to buy Christmas. But i was loved and happy. I knew q girl in high school. Family had money. 2 story home they owned, name brand clothes , she had her own phone line in her bedroom. But she was miserable. She hated her life. Me the girl who was dirt poor talked her the rich girl out of running away from home. She didn't think her parents loved her. Money doesn't make someone a parent. It is loving your kids. There are plenty of poor parents who ate excellent parents and a lot of rich parents who are crappy parents.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You're hopeless. Being on welfare doesn't make someone bad parents. Most people on welfare do work. They struggle but they still make it work. No kids care if the food was bought with food stamps or cash, no kid cares if their medical is thought Medicaid or a private insurance what they care about is being loved , feeling wanted. This is coming from a child who grew up dirt poor.

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:48 pm Love doesn’t pay the bills. It doesn’t buy happiness, either. But children require basic necessities. If the parent scant provide those, they aren’t parents, Uncle Sam is.

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Having children is a privilege and a responsibility. There are many things I can’t have in life because I can’t afford them. Why should anyone else be different? It’s pure entitlement to say someone should have what he can’t afford.
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 pm And this is exactly why there are social programs! Food stamps, wic, section 8, child care partnerships etc. But God forbid a struggling parent utilize them, right? Instead let’s place an other wise healthy and happy child in care when their parents only crime is poverty.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I don’t think you’re qualified to speak for all children.

I believe in personal responsibility and you don’t. We’ll never agree.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 pm You're hopeless. Being on welfare doesn't make someone bad parents. Most people on welfare do work. They struggle but they still make it work. No kids care if the food was bought with food stamps or cash, no kid cares if their medical is thought Medicaid or a private insurance what they care about is being loved , feeling wanted. This is coming from a child who grew up dirt poor.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

No but coming from a poor family i know my fair share of children who came from the same type of life and none of them hold resentment. None of them were unhappy and i know that i wouldnt change a thing. I had a much better life than my rich friend. How is keeping child and making it work NOT taking personal responsibility. Do you not think those parents sacrifice daily to make sure their children are taken care of and fed.

quote="Anonymous 5" post_id=412949 time=1558375473]
I don’t think you’re qualified to speak for all children.

I believe in personal responsibility and you don’t. We’ll never agree.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 pm You're hopeless. Being on welfare doesn't make someone bad parents. Most people on welfare do work. They struggle but they still make it work. No kids care if the food was bought with food stamps or cash, no kid cares if their medical is thought Medicaid or a private insurance what they care about is being loved , feeling wanted. This is coming from a child who grew up dirt poor.

[/quote]
Anonymous 4

Unread post

As long as you were fed, cared for, loved, and protected, that is good. :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:34 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:04 pm They will also remember starving and wearing ratty clothing to school.
My parents were dirt poor. I remember times when all we had to eat was gravy and fried bread but you know. I was happy and i don't have any resentment towards my parents. I remember wearing mission clothes from the free box but once again i was happy.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I would not agree with taking a child away from his or her parents simply because they are impoverished. But poverty coupled with drug abuse or neglect? I say take the kids.

Msprekteacher wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:57 pm And this is exactly why there are social programs! Food stamps, wic, section 8, child care partnerships etc. But God forbid a struggling parent utilize them, right? Instead let’s place an other wise healthy and happy child in care when their parents only crime is poverty.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:48 pm Any “parent” who can’t afford to take care of their children shouldn’t have them. Isn’t that basic logic?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:22 am

That's what people on here have said. That they should be. They have also said teen mom shouldn't have their kids.
Bullshit. They will remember not having enough food,they will remember not having a decent home. They will know.
Locked Previous topicNext topic