Some times foster care is worse

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is horribly sad. It sounds like a tragedy. And I feel awful for her parents.

We can likely post many stories about children being saved too.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Foster care horror stories are more common than people want to think about. That is when they say things like there is more good than bad but how many foster children have to die or be horribly abused before it matters and people grasp that the system needs a lot of work?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 am That is horribly sad. It sounds like a tragedy. And I feel awful for her parents.

But some of the reason people think children should be taken away for are ridiculous. It isn't worth the risk. Yes if the kids are being abused. Yes take them. But people have said on here they should be taken away due to being on welfare. Or like this case cause the dad smoked a little pot after she went to bed. This child lost her life.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

This is the main reason i want to be a foster parent!!!! As soon as i move I'm starting the process
Anonymous 4

Unread post

If this is true, I would hope that someone in the system is held accountable:

What may be one of the most frustrating parts of the case, Sherill Small’s husband that lived in the home while Alex was there, was himself a recovering crack cocaine addict and admitted to multiple drug charges.

The couple admitted this information during the home study portion of their foster application, but their home was still considered a “safe environment.”

INEXCUSABLE!
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I cannot read the article. When I click on the ling the headline pops up and immediately the page goes blank and never comes back. I work with a lady who is a foster mom and her foster kids never had it so good. I admire her dedication and I think a majority of foster parents are good to their kids but there are some who shouldn't be foster parents I'm sure.

I have never heard of a child being taken away because the parents are on welfare.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:16 am That is horribly sad. It sounds like a tragedy. And I feel awful for her parents.

But some of the reason people think children should be taken away for are ridiculous. It isn't worth the risk. Yes if the kids are being abused. Yes take them. But people have said on here they should be taken away due to being on welfare. Or like this case cause the dad smoked a little pot after she went to bed. This child lost her life.
There does appear to be a mis-use of the case worker’a power and a very poor judgement call. It’s sad.

However, we only know the media’s sensational side of the story. I have work acquaintances that left this type of job. The infractions the parents “admit” to are often not the same as the actual behavior inside the home. Not that I want to slander this poor grieving family. It’s sad. But there are often two sides.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:10 am I cannot read the article. When I click on the ling the headline pops up and immediately the page goes blank and never comes back. I work with a lady who is a foster mom and her foster kids never had it so good. I admire her dedication and I think a majority of foster parents are good to their kids but there are some who shouldn't be foster parents I'm sure.

I have never heard of a child being taken away because the parents are on welfare.
That's what people on here have said. That they should be. They have also said teen mom shouldn't have their kids.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

While this is a story from 2013, it’s still one that needs to be seen. Not all foster parents are in it for the right reasons and sadly those that are don’t make the news...
Locked Previous topicNext topic