Used Car Problem?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whoopdido for you. Sorry not all teenagers had your all knowing wisdom. He is a very intelligent person who has shown better judgment on many things than you have on here.
Sassy762 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 pm I disagree. At 16 when I test drove my car, I knew that I had to have a mechanic inspect the car not affliated with the dealership....I was a teenager. Your BIL is an adult and an Idiot.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:26 pm He isn't an idiot. He is 19, so yes when the mechanic inspects the whole car and he is told that the car has air conditioning, he believes that the car has air conditioning.
Sassy762 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 pm BIL is an idiot, he should have hired his own mechanic to inspect the car. Trusting the "dealership mechanic" is like trusting a fox tonguard the henhouse. The dealership machanic WORKS for the dealership thats trying to sell the car as is, smdh
Look up the lemon laws for the state where he bought the car
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:35 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:32 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:28 pm

A more experienced family member should have walked him through it.
Well, my husband was at work and no one else in his family would have taken him, so that wasn't an option.

You and your husband should have talked to him about this before he bought the car. An inexperienced 19 year who walks into a used car place is like chumming the water for sharks.
We didn't know he was buying the car. We knew he was looking, but didn't know he found one and was going to look at it.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Used cars are sold as is. Which means anything that is wrong with it is on him to fix. He should have taken it to an independent mechanic to have it inspected.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idiocy runs in that family, lol I dont give a rats ass what anyone on this site thinks. Your judgement in life seriously sucks .....you are a known liar and troll from cafemom and you brought that shit to this site LenaOliSharknFree
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:48 pm Whoopdido for you. Sorry not all teenagers had your all knowing wisdom. He is a very intelligent person who has shown better judgment on many things than you have on here.
Sassy762 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:37 pm I disagree. At 16 when I test drove my car, I knew that I had to have a mechanic inspect the car not affliated with the dealership....I was a teenager. Your BIL is an adult and an Idiot.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:26 pm He isn't an idiot. He is 19, so yes when the mechanic inspects the whole car and he is told that the car has air conditioning, he believes that the car has air conditioning.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

A good reputable place will take a look and fix it.

Legally, dealerships have the law on their side.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know why you even bother asking for advice when all you do is argue with every F***ing person who responds.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Is the compressor cycling over and over close together? It may need to be vacuumed and charged. Ask the dealership if they will do it.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He’s sol.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:23 pm BIL is an idiot, he should have hired his own mechanic to inspect the car. Trusting the "dealership mechanic" is like trusting a fox tonguard the henhouse. The dealership machanic WORKS for the dealership thats trying to sell the car as is, smdh
Look up the lemon laws for the state where he bought the car
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:09 pm

A mechanic at the dealership did check the car out before he bought it. He was told that everything would be in working order. He bought it two weeks ago, I find it hard to believe it just stopped working since then.
It does have air conditioning.. It just isn't working. A mechanic could have told him if his ac was working even if it was cold out.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

"as is" means exactly that. Sorry he is going to have to resolve the issue on his own.
Locked Previous topicNext topic