I finished my bowl!

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am
SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am Did you turn it?

I’m so tempted to get a lathe. I’m trying to decide if it’s something that I’d be able to pretty much figure out on my own or not.
I did! A family friend gave me a wood lathe, a bowl turning system and an awesome sanding system along with a few smaller tools. It's been a lot a fun and he has been teaching me as I go.
Do you need a lot of different attachments to do different projects? I’m looking at things that pop up on FB Marketplace, but I don’t have a handle on whether I would then need to go spend a lot on attachments and stuff to actually use it.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

It's beautiful!
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:26 pm
bmw29 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am
SolidlyAverage wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:20 am Did you turn it?

I’m so tempted to get a lathe. I’m trying to decide if it’s something that I’d be able to pretty much figure out on my own or not.
I did! A family friend gave me a wood lathe, a bowl turning system and an awesome sanding system along with a few smaller tools. It's been a lot a fun and he has been teaching me as I go.
Do you need a lot of different attachments to do different projects? I’m looking at things that pop up on FB Marketplace, but I don’t have a handle on whether I would then need to go spend a lot on attachments and stuff to actually use it.
I'll be honest, between my FIL and his friend I I've been given everything I would need. I know the ringmaster is around $700, the sanding system is around $400 and the lathe is at least $200. I have no idea how much all the additional things he's given me are worth but I know he made a lot of it like the clamp he made just for the bowls.
Locked Previous topicNext topic