Brake-checking

Deleted User 876

Unread post

So you deliberately antagonize someone and then get upset when they try to let you know you're following too close? YOU were the problem here, not the other lady.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Where have I tried to justify my tailgating? I believe I've said multiple times that I was wrong. I'm trying to find the thought process of reacting to one wrong with another wrong.
How would you have reacted if she had slowed down any more?
Slowed down to match her speed. That should be obvious.
Backing off her bumper should be obvious too, but apparently you have issue with that.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 pm Oh Mama...tailgating is an aggressive move. You should not be surprised to have gotten an aggressive response. You pushed her. She pushed you back.

You say you make it a habit to tailgate people who you feel are going too slow. Perhaps try not doing that anymore for a while and see if things go differently for you.

One more thing...going 20 in a 25 in a residential area during school arrival time...that's not too slow. If it's too slow for you, you should leave yourself more time to go places.
I think I may have confused people on what kind of area this is. The stretch of road this happened on, there are no houses and there are no schools, no bus stops. It's a half mile stretch with only gov't buildings. It's generally not that busy. At the time this happened, we were the only two cars on the road.

Let me put this out there too. At one end of this particular road sits the police station. It annoys my DH to no end that I speed even 1mph over but my norm is 30mph on that road. I've had multiple times where I was going close to 35mph on this 25mph road and a police car passed me going the other way. Not busy, it would've been very easy for the officer to swing around and stop me. But they never do. They obviously don't care.
Another road in town that IS lined on both sides with houses and has the 25mph speed limit, I was coming it down it the other week going 30mph. Someone else obviously wanted to go faster and rode my bumper all the way down. I just shrug my shoulders, oh well, and keep going my 30mph.

Just some food for thought. I really try not to let other people's driving get to me. If someone is tailing me or someone cuts me off, it's just not worth an angry response on my part. I let them have their dick move because honestly, if I got angry at every dick move people pulled on me on the roads, I would be an angry person all the time, and I don't want to be that person. Maybe some people should try letting go of their anger for a while and see what happens.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:38 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:02 pm

How would you have reacted if she had slowed down any more?
Slowed down to match her speed. That should be obvious.
[/quote from

How is that obvious when you didn't slow down to match her speed in the first place. Instead of slowing down,you rode her ass....
If I didn't slow down to match her speed I would've hit her. That's the part that I thought was obvious. I slowed down to avoid hitting her. I was comfortable in my following distance. She was not.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am I don't brake check but if you tail gate me I drop my speed even lower.
I do this too. Break checking is super unsafe and I don’t have time to deal with insurance companies if I should get hit soooo I just slowly drop my speed.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 6:59 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 pm Oh Mama...tailgating is an aggressive move. You should not be surprised to have gotten an aggressive response. You pushed her. She pushed you back.

You say you make it a habit to tailgate people who you feel are going too slow. Perhaps try not doing that anymore for a while and see if things go differently for you.

One more thing...going 20 in a 25 in a residential area during school arrival time...that's not too slow. If it's too slow for you, you should leave yourself more time to go places.
I think I may have confused people on what kind of area this is. The stretch of road this happened on, there are no houses and there are no schools, no bus stops. It's a half mile stretch with only gov't buildings. It's generally not that busy. At the time this happened, we were the only two cars on the road.

Let me put this out there too. At one end of this particular road sits the police station. It annoys my DH to no end that I speed even 1mph over but my norm is 30mph on that road. I've had multiple times where I was going close to 35mph on this 25mph road and a police car passed me going the other way. Not busy, it would've been very easy for the officer to swing around and stop me. But they never do. They obviously don't care.
Another road in town that IS lined on both sides with houses and has the 25mph speed limit, I was coming it down it the other week going 30mph. Someone else obviously wanted to go faster and rode my bumper all the way down. I just shrug my shoulders, oh well, and keep going my 30mph.

Just some food for thought. I really try not to let other people's driving get to me. If someone is tailing me or someone cuts me off, it's just not worth an angry response on my part. I let them have their dick move because honestly, if I got angry at every dick move people pulled on me on the roads, I would be an angry person all the time, and I don't want to be that person. Maybe some people should try letting go of their anger for a while and see what happens.
Point blank, YOU WERE SPEEDING. It doesn't matter if you've gone faster on that road past cops and they haven't pulled you over or not. Posted speed limit is 25. You were going OVER 25. The consensus in this whole post is the same, You were an ass for tailgating the other driver. YOU were the one in the wrong here. Stop trying to justify it already.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymom*23/6/364 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am On the other hand, why ride a person's ass like that?
What does it accomplish?
Nothing positive.
When someone is going that slow it’s hard not to end up being right on top of the person.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 pm
Anonymom*23/6/364 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 am On the other hand, why ride a person's ass like that?
What does it accomplish?
Nothing positive.
When someone is going that slow it’s hard not to end up being right on top of the person.
No its really not. If you find it difficult you shouldn't be driving.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

They want you to hit them so they can get the insurance claim.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Maybe that wouldn’t have happened if you weren’t a crap driver....
Locked Previous topicNext topic