Is this just a stage?

Yogamom55
Marchioness
Marchioness

agander2017 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:30 am Think back to when you were that age... didn't you think you knew more than your parents did?
My childhood wasnt normal, so comparison doeant work.
Anonymous 1

Yogamom55 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:44 am My son is almost 10. He's also autistic, but i dont think that matters in this situation.

Anything his dad or I tell him is met with an arguement. It's like he can't fathom that we know more than him or his friends.

Is this normal? Just a stage that will pass?
I think it will pass when he's 20 or so.
Anonymous 2

Lol my DD is turning 10 on Sunday and I get this all the time.

I tell DD to clean up her mess she argues that it is not ALL hers. I tell her to let her sisters have a turn with the tv again another arguement.

The best is when I ask how school was? She whines. No words just lets out a whine. Did you play outside at recess? No words just a moan. I guess that is her speech saying leave me alone. Ahhh the tween years! They are wonderful.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

It is a stage, but a really LONG stage....

Makes me think of the car wash we have in town. The owner/manager has a sign hanging that says "Hire a Teenager While They Still Know Everything". LOL
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

I just tell yds I'm not arguing. Idc if it's your mess or not or what color the sky is. You're doing as you're told. His older brother always says dude you're just digging your own grave. But it's the only way to stop it. 'I've told you to do it and why I want you to do it. You want to argue by yourself that's great but you're still going to do A B and C.
Deleted User 172

Just a phase.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Girl I have a nonverbal autistic son (15) and he’s severely delayed. You’d think the nonverbal part would allow me to bypass all that. Nope he is just as argumentative as his peers. He just doesn’t use his words to do it. He has, however, mastered saying No
It’s a typical behavior. Hold on. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

sarah824 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:28 pm It is a stage, but a really LONG stage....

Makes me think of the car wash we have in town. The owner/manager has a sign hanging that says "Hire a Teenager While They Still Know Everything". LOL
Everything! They know it all. I’m still dealing with this with my 18 year old. She makes me want to scream!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

mater-three wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:48 pm
sarah824 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:28 pm It is a stage, but a really LONG stage....

Everything! They know it all. I’m still dealing with this with my 18 year old. She makes me want to scream!
Same with my nearly nineteen year old. I don't bother to argue anymore. If you want to dig your grave fine just don't come crying to me lol. I think when he's 30 he'll realize I wasn't so stupid.
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

It's a normal, annoying stage. My older two are 15 and 12 and do the same thing with anything my husband or I say to them.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Locked Previous topicNext topic