8 out of the top ten 10 are "Blue" states

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:30 am
morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:21 am Anyone else live in top ten? I'm not sure I agree with education stats but my state is pretty great.
I used to live in MN (#3) and now I live in AZ (#34). I'm happier here in Arizona and it has nothing to do with politics or the "color" of the state.
And even the rankings measured in this article only take you so far. Like education, what you get out of your education has so much more to do with what you put into it than where you get it. The schools in our area still produce very successful doctors and lawyers and such and it's mostly about those individual kids and the support from their parents. Not the fact that they went to school here or there or elsewhere.

I take articles like this with many grains of salt.
I agree - your happiness, well-being, and what works best for your life doesn't have anything to do with the red and blue color of your state
KAG
Mean Girl
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm Very interesting. I've recently been considering Washington State as a place to relocate. We like a coastal area, with lots of outdoor activities but within a drive to a major city. Bainbridge Island looks very enticing. Anyone live there?
I love WAState. It's beautiful. I'd love to live along the coast but we have already laid our roots deep with 3 kids.

OT but since you asked: I have family leaving both Seattle and Portland because of the homeless issues. I told them both it's no better here, California, or anywhere in the West for that matter. The East buses them out in droves and drops them off because the temperature is milder and it's legal (in most places) or allowed/tolerated to "camp" AKA pitch a tent and live in it along public property.
KAG
Mean Girl
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:35 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:12 pm Very interesting. I've recently been considering Washington State as a place to relocate. We like a coastal area, with lots of outdoor activities but within a drive to a major city. Bainbridge Island looks very enticing. Anyone live there?
I love WAState. It's beautiful. I'd love to live along the coast but we have already laid our roots deep with 3 kids.

OT but since you asked: I have family leaving both Seattle and Portland because of the homeless issues. I told them both it's no better here, California, or anywhere in the West for that matter. The East buses them out in droves and drops them off because the temperature is milder and it's allowed to "camp" AKA pitch a tent and live in it along public property.
I've only been to Portland once, but would love to visit the city again. Really enjoyed it, but was acutely aware of the large homeless population. Very sad that here in the US we have so many resources, yet we can't seem to find a way to shelter those who cannot make their own way in life and treat them with dignity.
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:39 pm
morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 12:35 pm

OT but since you asked: I have family leaving both Seattle and Portland because of the homeless issues. I told them both it's no better here, California, or anywhere in the West for that matter. The East buses them out in droves and drops them off because the temperature is milder and it's allowed to "camp" AKA pitch a tent and live in it along public property.
I've only been to Portland once, but would love to visit the city again. Really enjoyed it, but was acutely aware of the large homeless population. Very sad that here in the US we have so many resources, yet we can't seem to find a way to shelter those who cannot make their own way in life and treat them with dignity.
My gosh I could not agree with you more.
KAG
Mean Girl
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am I made top 10. Good place to raise my kids. Anyone else?
Me

Both where I grew up and where I live now, or have lived for 22 years.

Yay us!
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm
morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:11 am I made top 10. Good place to raise my kids. Anyone else?
Me

Don’t
Yay us!
It’s interesting that OP and her like-minded-peeps don’t seem to live in any of these wonderful “blue” states.
KAG
Mean Girl
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My state I believe is #20. And you know what. I’m happy with that. Like another said, happiness is really subjective. What makes one happy makes others miserable. This a a great place to live with wonderful people and it’s a great place to raise a family. There are parts of this state however that I would never dream of living. So even different parts of the same state are going to be brings different things.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My big blue State didn't make this list until a republican Governor was elected.

:lol:
morgan wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm
Me

Don’t
Yay us!
It’s interesting that OP and her like-minded-peeps don’t seem to live in any of these wonderful “blue” states.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Deleted User 969

Unread post

3B00C70A-1454-4EDD-8BE7-495D3DFCDC86.jpeg
morgan
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:30 pm My state I believe is #20. And you know what. I’m happy with that. Like another said, happiness is really subjective. What makes one happy makes others miserable. This a a great place to live with wonderful people and it’s a great place to raise a family. There are parts of this state however that I would never dream of living. So even different parts of the same state are going to be brings different things.
For people to say “nahah my state is for my party and therefore better” and then to state that the bottom few are “shit holes” just reinforces who are the divisive ones.
KAG
Mean Girl
Locked Previous topicNext topic