Living Alone Spin Off

Anonymous 6

Unread post

I moved out of my parents house and into the first house with my exdh. I raised mine to move out and get their own place before living with someone first. They need to be able to be self-supporting and not depend on anyone
owl0210
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I had my own apartment during my single years and it was the best. I hope my children do the same.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When my daughter is ready to go to college I'm going to encourage her to get a roommate the first year or two. Then live alone..
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I lived with my DH when I moved out at age 22. We married 4 years later. My kids can do what they want. If they are ready to move out alone, so be it. If they are in a committed relationship and wanting to move in with a bf or gf, so be it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think EVERYONE should live on their own for at least a year before entering a permanent co-habitation. I think it does great things for your self confidence. It shows you that you can be completely self sufficient and figure things out for yourself.

I feel there's a lot of value in knowing that you always have options in life and can navigate on your own if need be.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It is important to me to encourage them not to rush into marriage before they are fully grown and know themselves, and know what they want (and don’t want) in a partner.

Living alone isn’t that important to me. I did live alone for a while, but a lot of my friends loved at home, had roommates in college, and had roommates after college before they moved in with their SOs, which I don’t think is a big deal.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I lived at home until I got married. It’s pretty much the norm here. It’s very likely this will be the case with my boys. But since they’re probably going abroad to study, they may live on their own or with roommates for a time. One thing we don’t approve of is cohabitation before or instead of marriage.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 7

Unread post

DD lived in a dorm and then is now living with her BF. Not alone but she's independent and is loving life and doing so great.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It will be his choice. I personally don't think it's a good idea to live with your boyfriend/girlfriend, so I wouldn't want him to move in with his girlfriend, or even a female roommate, but once he's an adult I can't tell him what he can, or cannot do. It will be up to him. It wouldn't bother me if he lived at home until he was married.

Deleted User 114

Unread post

Everyone's situation is different.. we support our children following the path that is right for them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic